New 170CC Owner in California

wpschaef

Contributing Member
City
Livermore
Hi folks, I am enjoying your enthusiasm and camraderie already just reading the posts. Great website! Great boats! I have the following add-ons to my 170CC and I am sure there will be more.

Minn Kota 24V, 80lb thrust Terrova with copilot, Lowrance 520C sonar/GPS, bow cushions, forward fishing seat, Bimini top. 75hp four stroke Yamaha.
I am having a perko switch and some other electrical switches installed this week to help protect the electronics. I am also having a horn put in so I can get the mud hens up a little faster because they poop on my deck when I overtake them in flight!
I am running around the Sacramento/San Joaquin Delta and Nortern Calif. Lakes. So Far. Not very many Triumphs on the water up here.

Welcome aboard! The site is in some transition right now but I think it will get only better going forward. Glad you've joined us! ;)

WPSCHAEF,
That sounds like a perfect set up for the 170CC. Max HP and that 24 volt trolling motor should just about get that 170 up on plane. I had a 170CC and still think it is the best performing hull that Triumph sells. I should have kept mine and with the 195CC I would have the best of both inshore and a good offshore boat. Enjoy your plastic toy.
John D.

wpschaef, that's a nice setup you have. You'll have many years of good fishing with that rig. I had a 50 pound thrust troll motor on a 150CC, and that was plenty of power. I would imagine that 80 pounds of thrust on your 170CC ought to move that boat with power to spare.

As others have said, nice set up on your boat. That sounds perfect. I have a 24v 71lb thrust MotorGuide trolling motor on mine and it will really scoot in high gear. Funny you mention the horn...I put an "Ooga" horn on my boat for the same reason...clearing SeaGulls and Geese from the dock. I get some neat looks when she sounds off. Good luck with your boat and please post some pictures of her. We all like pictures. :D

Back