New 190 Bay Owner Down Under

mach40ars

Registered Member
City
Lindisfarne
Hi All,

Just thought that i'd put my first post up as I've had my new-to-me 190 bay for a few months now and love it!!!

The Rig is a 2007 190 Bay, 2007 Etec with Jackplate!! I'm based in Hobart Tasmania and fish across most disciplines, fresh water, salt water inshore and some offshore adventures as well. I needed a boat that could do it all, every boat is a compromise and for me, it's the offshore stuff that is the compromise, although were i am we are lucky as we only need to run 4-10miles and i'm into YFT, SBT, marlin etc so it's not that bad. Compared to the rest of Australia it's cold here but nothing the cabelas guidewear doesn't fix!!!

The boat originally came from the US, i brought it off the guy that imported it into Oz for a song!! Motor needed some work, trailer is a bit rough but apart from that I love the boat! It's as tough as nails, i'm function over fashion kinda guy but i also like the ride of a glass boat so my only other option was aluminium and that means big $$ here if you want something that rides well, so the triumph 190 bay is here to stay!!

I need to do some mods to really customise the rig but i'm a busy guy so i'm looking forward to seeing some ideas from you guys!! I;m a fishing addict so this boat is perfect for me.

i'm actually heading over to Phoenix this weekend for a conference, there for a week or so, anyone have any ideas on stuff worthewhile looking at while i'm there ? (boating and/or fishing related)

Cheers
Lewis

Back