New 190 Bay owner

Ace Laserna

Participating Member
City
Spotsylvania
Greetings to all! I've been researching Triumph boats for 2 years now. I finally decided to get one and I LOVE IT! I put my Monterey bowrider up for sale and bought an '07 190 Bay with a 115 Yamaha. I do a lot of fishing, so the 190 is much more practical. I'm having a MinnKota 70lb thrust Powerdrive V2 installed and a Garmin 398 GPS/Fishfinder on it. I took her out on it's maiden voyage yesterday on Lake Anna in VA. The only thing I had a problem with was figuring out how to use the Garmin. LOL It's my first GPS/Fishfinder, so it's gonna take a while to figure it out.
I'll be using the boat in Va lakes, the Rappahannock river and the Potomac river. I can't wait to test her out in the rivers.
Well, I guess I better get back to work. I just wanted to introduce myself and let y'all know this is a great forum with a vast amount of information. You guys made my decision to purchase a Triumph rather easy!

-Ace

Welcome Ace and fellow Virginian,
Congrats on your new boat...great choice. I do most of my fishing on the Potomac River (around the Quantico MCB area)...hope to see you on the water some day. Enjoy that new ride.

Welcome Ace and fellow Virginian,
Congrats on your new boat...great choice. I do most of my fishing on the Potomac River (around the Quantico MCB area)...hope to see you on the water some day. Enjoy that new ride.

Thanks! I've never fished the Potomac, but now I can. I'm sure it will take me a while to learn where all the good spots are. I look forward to it. :)

Name decals and stab plate are on the way. I'm in the process of finding a good place to get a prop for her. Upon researching this site, it seems as though the 13.25X19 prop with the stab plate work the best for my setup.

Here she is behind my Tacoma:

IMG_0482.jpg

Back