new guy

A

Augie

Just signed up. Bought a 2004 170 DC last summer (doctor's orders!) and love it. We use it for fishing and fun on a large lake in Maine, but also plan on launching it on saltwater someday. I'm not new to boating, but this is the first "real" boat we've had. It sure beats my 14' aluminum for comfort and safety in heavy water. Very pleased with the quality and virtually indestructible materials.

We did add a swim platform-much easier for skiers and tubers to re-enter-and solid bimini braces, so the bimini doesn't have to lay down in either the bow or stern, when not in use. Lots of deck space for both my wife and I when we're fishing too.

Looking forward to spending lots of time on the water as soon as school vacation is here!:)

Augie, glad you found the web site.

We were out in ours today, and while it was windy with small craft advisory, it was not to bad on the intercoastal.

There might be some other 170 DC owners that would like some more information on what you did, so pictures are always appreciated.

Again, welcome.

Another Mainiac

Welcome Augie, from another Mainer. I'll have the summer off (July and August) so I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time on the lake too. Maybe sneak down the Penobscot for some stripers.

Welcome Aboard,
Ron

Back