mattie

Registered Member
City
East Dubuque
new member, thinking of buying a triumph, so reading threads to find out about them, seems to be a lot of info here.

mattie

Welcome mattie and glad you found us.

Besides the "Forums", please check out the "Articles" section.

The "Search" feature really does work on this site, and that can be a nice feature for doing research.

Mattie, I would make it a prerequisite that any boat you purchase should have a companion website that discusses in detail what you are about to give up a good bunch of money to.

Let us know if you have any specific questions and use the SEARCH function thouroghly.

Good Luck, Molar

Right now just at the looking and reading stage, but would appreciate any input on years or models that had specific problems or that I should avoid.

mattie

In reading my last post, I can see I don't really give much background info on what I am looking for. My wife and I live in illinois, and currently have a 19 starcraft cuddy that we bought this year. This is a good boat for the two of us to enjoy for a ride in the evenings, or to tow to the great lakes for salmon fishing but it doesn't serve very well as a boat for fishing in the backwaters of the mississippi or on the wing dams of the river, so we're in the market for something that I can put a trolling motor on, and use in shallow water. Also want something low maintenance that we can pull up on the sand bar and let the dogs run and not have to worry about the finish. This is what interested me in triumphs. I'm probably going to limit myself to a 15-19 cc or a 19 f/s, 2004 or later. This is not ironclad as a different year/model at the right price could say buy me. Anyway, comments about boats in this range would be appreciated, and I'm open to ideas about how you prefer them to be rigged out. Thanks

mattie

2004 or newer or even earlier, just make sure the lifetime warranty is active by calling Triumph with the hull ID number and present owner and make sure the warranty is transferrable.

Also, important is the condition of the motor/warranty and to see if the boat has been cared for properly.

You'll probably save a bunch on a used boat but buying new, esp if you are perculiar to fowllowing the book on maint., and babying things and have a high attention to detail as these boats are mostly all similar to the cost of new automobile....but with the lifetime hull warranty. That's hard to beat if you keep things a long time.

Just do your homework and don't rush into anything.

From your description of how you'd use it I think you should look at the 190 Bay boat. Great boat for shallow water fishing, lakes and in shore saltwater. It is fairly simple to mount a trolling motor on the 190 Bay and you may find one already rigged with one. :)

fishing in the backwaters of the mississippi or on the wing dams of the river, so we're in the market for something that I can put a trolling motor on, and use in shallow water. Also want something low maintenance that we can pull up on the sand bar and let the dogs run and not have to worry about the finish. This is what interested me in triumphs. I'm probably going to limit myself to a 15-19 cc or a 19 f/s, 2004 or later.

mattie

I would throw a vote for the 170CC or DC...small enough to trailer easily (no trailer brakes to malfunction) ... perfect for two to fish out of and very easy to install a trolling motor. With a 6 inch draft, you can go anywhere you need to. Just my thoughts (of course I may be biased).

Back