New Owner 2011 1700 Skiff

HarveyG

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
Mississippi
I'm in lower, central Mississippi. I just purchased a 2011 1700 Skiff. I'm now having some reservations. It seems solid but, the sides of the transom seem to be pushed / leaning back / out some where the rear casting deck (?) is attached to it. The casting deck is broken at the screws closest to the motor and there is now a 1/2 gap between the deck and the transom. Also, there is a hook (what I've read it is called) where the bottom of the transom meets the hull, under the drains. Are these things normal and nothing to be concerned about? Also, someone else asked long ago but, does anyone know of the correct screw plugs for the bilge drains? I do have one new one but, it is too big. . . Thanks and any advice or guidance for using and caring for the boat would be appreciated. (Haven't gotten it on the water yet, waiting on parts to perform maintenance on eTec 75, all new to me so having to learn as I go, too.)

Hi HarveyG and welcome aboard. Congratulations on the 1700 Skiff. Could you attach some photos of the transom and casting deck issues you are talking about? And your inner hull drain as well. We'll try to assist in anyway we can.

Blessings
Randy
admin

I'm in lower, central Mississippi. I just purchased a 2011 1700 Skiff. I'm now having some reservations. It seems solid but, the sides of the transom seem to be pushed / leaning back / out some where the rear casting deck (?) is attached to it. The casting deck is broken at the screws closest to the motor and there is now a 1/2 gap between the deck and the transom. Also, there is a hook (what I've read it is called) where the bottom of the transom meets the hull, under the drains. Are these things normal and nothing to be concerned about? Also, someone else asked long ago but, does anyone know of the correct screw plugs for the bilge drains? I do have one new one but, it is too big. . . Thanks and any advice or guidance for using and caring for the boat would be appreciated. (Haven't gotten it on the water yet, waiting on parts to perform maintenance on eTec 75, all new to me so having to learn as I go, too.)

Call Merritt marine in NC. They can help you.

The 17 center console uses what are commonly called kayak drain plugs.

Can buy them inline. I imagine yours are the same.

Thanks for your replies (did not receive notifications, via email, though not sure if I am supposed to).

Garbor drains. There are several different kayak drain plugs, different diameter and threads. I did find that a Seadog brand was correct here.

I'm no where near North Carolina.

Transom pictures attached, I hope.

I also find it odd that the factory trailer, no changes since purchased, only has two bunk boards but the manual states that there should be four. Though, the manual does not even have a 1700 Skiff referenced in it. And, the bunks don't extend under or past the transom, as the manual also calls for. . . So, gonna have to add bunks and put new longer ones, it seems.

Thanks again,

Attachments

• IMG_9848.JPG
    IMG_9848.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9849.JPG
    IMG_9849.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9850.JPG
    IMG_9850.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9851.JPG
    IMG_9851.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9852.JPG
    IMG_9852.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Hi HarveyG and welcome aboard. Congratulations on the 1700 Skiff. Could you attach some photos of the transom and casting deck issues you are talking about? And your inner hull drain as well. We'll try to assist in anyway we can.

Blessings
Randy
admin
Thanks, Randy. Replied below to all.

I dug through some old notes from Triumph and found this trailer bunk schematic from them in 2010:

Hope it helps.
Randy

Back