Genelie

Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
Has anyone up east / north heard of the fishing pole called CALSTAR??? and the reels called AVET ???? This past Saturday I won a free 7 foot calstar GFGR.700-M Rod. And a Avet 6.0 single speed reel......they are awesome...total value was $ 485.00 out side of my GPS and fish finder they are the most exspensive item on the boat

Congratulations Genelie! I've heard of Avet but haven't seen them before.

I have 6 or 7 calstars they are by far favorite for conventional gear. I tend to like lomis rods for my bait casting rigs pricey but there warranty is unbeatable. My 700M is my 30lb setup I've caught sea bass and tuna on it I also have a 800L and a 900XL I use for 20lb and 15lb respectfully all are paired with Diawa reels. I don't know anything about Avet you might try searching the tackle board on Allcoast http://www.sport-fish-info.com/ congrats on your score where did you win them?
Victor

I wish i could send a picture...I tried the copy paste but no luck. I guess i will have to take a picture. As for where I won them, It was at a after fishing season dinner. it was their 2nd annual dinner. It was a blast and really comical...They gave out boobie prises for those who had misfortunes during the year...from looseing the big one...to loosing your vehile on the launch ramp...untill it was under water. LOL

Genelie, I just discovered a small setting in the forum software that was keeping the attachment photos from working. Sorry about that! Please try to post your picture again. :D

Genelie said:
I wish i could send a picture...I tried the copy paste but no luck. I guess i will have to take a picture. As for where I won them, It was at a after fishing season dinner. it was their 2nd annual dinner. It was a blast and really comical...They gave out boobie prises for those who had misfortunes during the year...from looseing the big one...to loosing your vehile on the launch ramp...untill it was under water. LOL

Hey NCANGLER, the resaon why I think the copy and paste did not work, because it is and advertisment photo, on a website...i think that is why it won't work. I will post a picture by this weekend...My hunting and work schedule are quite full.....espeacially the hunting...:-}}}

calstars and seekers here,both are excellent quality.i use all shimano and accurate reels but have used avet also , very good quality and getting better.what is the warranty on your g loomis calico?i have friends that love the bluewater series of rods but i was always afraid they were a little too delicate so i stuck to the calstars and seekers

Back