North East MD new 190 Bay

Timagination

Registered Member
City
North East
Hey there......

It's new to me, I drove home an '04 190 Bay with a 115 Yam atop today from a private seller in Salisbury, MD. 65 hours on the meter, actual hours about 15 fewer. I am so psyched about this boat I can hardly stand it. The fishing on the Susquehanna flats is primed to explode within a week.

We're gonna hire a local guide for a day and get him to show us the navigational fundamentals for this part of the Bay, I ran boats in the USCG in the late 70's, 44'MLB, 41'UTB and various smaller outboards at a SAR station on Nantucket.

I've fished all of my life. Never owned anything bigger than a 13' Whaler.....except my currently longest kayak at 17'.

See Ya...........

Welcome to the site Timagination and congratulations on the 190! :)

Welcome to the site and congrats on your new boat. Feel free to post photos of your boat and any "projects" that you do to your boat.

Thank you guys for the warm reception. I bought the boat on 10/4 and I've had her underway four times since. I'm hugely impressed by the boat's handling qualities.

She's very easy to launch and recover. Quiet. Fast, faster than I need but it's cool to have that capability. Paid for. Equipped with a really, really nice Garmin GPS/chartplotter that came with all of the charts pre-loaded........I had to buy this one myself, but West Marine had chopped the price by 200 clams plus I bought the display......saved one-third of 10/1 price.

My wife, and kids, and brother-in-law are completely at ease and comfortable aboard. Fishing here on the upper Chesapeake is primed to abso-freaking-lutely explode over the next few weeks.......Tuesday 10/10 I caught a beautiful 24" striper on the Bohemia river from a school of feeding fish.

I'm going to have a Bimini installed this week and a fuel/water seperator as well.
Regards and tight lines..........

Back