Oxygen

boomer812

Registered Member
City
Melbourne
Has anyone out there tried O2 in the bait well. I use an E tank for shrimp and its like they are on steroids! I used to loose up to 25% of bait shrimp on a hot day. Now when I open the bait well at the end of the day they are still jumping out of the well. Its pretty neat when you see your bait jumping out of the water. I run .5 lph and the tank lasts two or three trips. I took a PVC fence post and bolted it to my T-top laying down and slide the tank right in and the hose goes thru a hole in the bait well with a compression drain tube in it and rubber plug with hole in center. I use a aquarium air riser with the replaceable zeolite cartridge in it to take out the urine in the well. Keeps bait fish like you just netted them!

Been wanting to try something like that, what's the cost in the equipment? I have used a large Mr. Bubbles and a block of ice to
keep em alive longer as well as those "life extender" vaccum packed
cups of whatever that neutralizes the byproducts of respiration in the water.

I've seen something in BPS catalog that cost, @$100? that you put in your livewell and it produces oxygen. Needs electricity but easier than O2 tanks etc.

Ditto on Cajun-T's reply.

I use O2 on occasion in one of my portable bait tank in the warmer months.

Here it is, $54.99 KeepAlive Oxygen Infuser and operates on 12v. Has 3 suction cups so you can add it to your livewell.
BassPro item #43-422-246-00.

Back