Probable 170CC owner

STL170

Registered Member
Premium Member
City
Saint Louis
State
MO
Gave a verbal commitment on a 2006 170CC to Beaver Park Marina in Lorain, OH. Leftover unit with close to the setup I had thought about. Bow rail, bimini, swim platform and F60 Yami. Thought I wanted the F75 since it uses the same big block as the 90Hp unit, but it is an extra 130lbs. hanging off the back. Also saw on boattest.com that an e-tec 75 only gave a couple more mph than the F60. I have had two Waverunners that have proven very reliable. Just have to wait for the shoreline of Lake Erie to thaw so we can drive the 9 hours for a trial run. First mate must approve before we can bring it home to St. Louis. If all goes well we will have it back on Erie for our yearly vaca in Sandusky. Typically we trailer to lakes in Illinois or Missouri so the lighter weight hanging off the transom was appealing.

This site has been great and I am already planning the upgrades and mods.

STL170,

Welcome to the site, you'll find a lot of useful information here. Congrats on the new boat.

UPDATE! I'm an official owner

Drove those nine hours to Beaver Park Marina in Lorain, OH Friday night and picked up the 2006 170CC. Actually had to diagnose a fuel line problem and a trailer wiring short before leaving. Pat (sales) and Bill (owner) and Bob (guy with bloody knuckles) all pitched in to get me going even calling the local Honda dealer to hold a service guy while I brought in my Ridgeline after the short in the trailer took out my trailering wiring fuses. They are in the third fuse box (hidden), so they replaced fuses, gave me some spares and reset my check engine light. I realize these things happen, usually spread out over several customers though. Just glad my wife did not have to be there for the adventure. Got a quick spin on Lake Erie in 2-3 footers. Felt comfortable even for the first time. Shaking from excitement (and no cold weather gear).
82F today in StL but frost on Friday night. Won't stop us from going out this weekend.

Congratulations.

Now get the Admiral involved. Let her do something or pick out something for the new boat. The more involved she is, the more she will like the new boat.

Sure glad I never have ice to worry about.

Now go have fun and start making those special memories.

My wife called to see how late I was working. She informed me that she was not working that late and could be found in the boat when I get home. Just another reason to love her (the Admiral). We have unofficially call the new family member Biscuit Money. We always tell the dogs when we get a raise or bonus or refund that it means more money for dog biscuits. Just another drain on their biscuit money fund.

Congrats on the 170
I stopped by Beaver Park last week on my way home from the Cleveland Clinic.
Not a bad place, my first encounter with them. Quite helpfull considering I only wanted to look over a 215 to get ideas on updates to my 03 210. They are only about 3 1/2 hrs from me.
If I knew you were coming by you could have stopped and looked over my 210 I keep it on a lot just off of the indiana toll road at I-69. Hope to use it soon on Erie.
Agian congrats you'll love the boat.

Back