Problem with Front Bow Storage Covers

rcargn

Registered Member
City
Simi Valley
To all 235 owners,

Got my 235 a few weeks ago. I noticed the front bow covers were not flush. I didn't see this until later, because the bow cushions were on. They are sticking up a good half inch. I thought initially that the rubber seal was obstructing the cover from seeding properly. I stood on them, but did not see any movement. They do lock, surprisingly. As I stood there, I also noticed the very front of the boat, where the cup holders are located in between the bow storage area is not symmetrical. I am really starting to believe that this problem may have been caused by a bad mold cooling process. I checked several online 235 articles that have pictures showing the covers perfectly flush.

Can all the 235 owners out there check their boats and let me know if you have the same problem.

Thanks,

Rudy

Sorry to hear you've got a problem with the 235 Rudy. Have you contacted your dealer yet?

I didn't want to go there, but yes, I have taked to my local dealer and personally talked to Triumph about it. They claimed all Triumph 235s have this imperfection which I doubt very much. I really feel that I got the spin. :( I really believed them until I saw the advertisement on Florida Sportman magazine where I saw pictures of the bow covers perfectly flush. You could have someone fishing up on the bow and trip over the covers if your not careful. I didn't want to resort to posting this informatin, but I really feel that it needs to be addressed. Dealer got instructions from Triumph to make small adjustments; don't know what they were. Believe they may have sanded down the cover edges. But the covers are still not flush. I will post some pictures later on tonight.

Here are several pictures I took of the problem with the bow storage covers. Both bow storage covers are not flush.

Attachments

• Bow Storage Cover - Right Back.jpg
    Bow Storage Cover - Right Back.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Bow Storage Cover - Right Front.jpg
    Bow Storage Cover - Right Front.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 78
This area is not geometric and part of the overall problem. Don't have a cover just yet. We had extreme winds here in California blowing leaves all over the boat.

Attachments

• Bow Center (1).jpg
    Bow Center (1).jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Bow Center (2).jpg
    Bow Center (2).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 70
Here are two pics from the Florida Sportsman magazine showing perfectly flush storage bow covers.

Attachments

• Florida_Sportsman_1.JPG
    Florida_Sportsman_1.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Florida_Sportsman_2.JPG
    Florida_Sportsman_2.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 72
Welll, I think that is a bit tooooo high. I know most of our covers never are rightly perfect. But that is clearly a bit off.

I think to get the covers right, they would all have to be made custom based on the type of material and the manufacturing process. Of course, that isn't likely to happen but at least they are raised on the 235 and all the water falling inside the boat won't fill them like the 210.

When you pay this munch money for a boat there should not be any QC prolems what so every!
My two cents worth.

Back