Prop for 150 4stroke Yamaha

Paul C

Registered Member
City
Norfolk
The only stike I got tonight when fishing the Chesapeake bay was a submerged boulder on the third island. Destroyed my prop. Any success stories with props for the 150 Yamaha. Should I stick with aluminum 3 blade or go stainless? Pitch?

Still new at this,
Paul

going to buy a spare propl this time, ruined a good day fishing.

if it had been a stainless prop on the boat that hit the rock , you may have had more than a messed up prop. . i always found the big gray trout are over the tunnel :D

i run a propulse 4 blade composite and although i haven't hit a rock yet i have plowed my share of mud and sand without any damage. if you should hit a rock it would break off that blade and you could still get back in at reduced speed and not damage the lower unit as with a s.s. prop
robert

I would be real leary of using SS unless you are a dedicated blue water person. I found a rock Memorial day weekend and had no damage other than the prop. $80 got that repaired to as good as new. None of that is likely with SS and if you are inshore you will find something hard sooner or later.

Fischer53 said:
I would be real leary of using SS unless you are a dedicated blue water person. I found a rock Memorial day weekend and had no damage other than the prop. $80 got that repaired to as good as new. None of that is likely with SS and if you are inshore you will find something hard sooner or later.

I totally agree. My aluminum prop had to be replaced when my rig was rear-ended while trailering. Only the prop needed replaced but the gearbox went undamaged. My skeg really tore up the car that hit me though. Also, SS props can cost $350!!! My Honda aluminum 13.25X17 cost $130.

Back