Slip, sliden' away.........

Push&Pull

Recognized Leader Triumph 210 / 215 Forum
City
Florida City
State
Florida
Went to the Ramp today to renew my annual pass and as usual, someone messed up........:eek::eek:

P6261069.jpgP6261070.jpgP6261067.jpg

OK, Maybe you'll use it, maybe you won't, but here is a little trick I always use as backup.

Get yourself a good rubber wheel chock and tie a length of rope on it that will reach from your vehicles rear axle to the the rear bumper. Put a loop in the end of the rope that wll fit over the bumper. Slip the loop over the bumper and chock the rear wheel when you back in the ramp to load the boat. When you pull out the chock will drag behind the vehicle until your on level ground.

Wheel chock - 15 bucks......rope - 5 bucks.....not having to sit there while everyone is clicking away with their cameras..............priceless!

Ha ha ha.... can we say GAP INSURANCE!!! This happens more than most know.......or he let his wife back him in.......boat floats off with hubby...hubby yells OK! GO! Wife hits gas while still in reverse. Husband gets blamed for not telling her to put in drive......LOL!

Ha ha ha.... can we say GAP INSURANCE!!! This happens more than most know.......or he let his wife back him in.......boat floats off with hubby...hubby yells OK! GO! Wife hits gas while still in reverse. Husband gets blamed for not telling her to put in drive......LOL!

speaking from experience?

Ya know, whne I was using my 71 datsun to launch my first boat I used the wheel chalk method, ONLY because of the clucth slippage, due to the truck being to small for the boat. But this is priceless. thanks for sharing.

I put the chock on the front wheel since, sometimes, the rear is in the slippery stuff.

I hold the cord and pull the chock out once the truck starts to move forward. Works great on steep ramps.

I was at the Ramp (Marina Del Rey, Ca.) when this happened.
The driver did not want anybody's advice, because, as he said, he had been launching boats for over 10 years and nobody could tell him how to launch a boat better than himself. I am not trying to get political but, the really funny part is the sticker on the rear windshield.

Even after the incident, he would not accept anybody's help when quite a few other people tried to help him retrieve his truck. And to make matters worse, he received a $500 ticket for polluting the marina. Gotta love our California Enviro-Nazis.
FYI - The boat floated just fine, unlike the truck...
Launch Ramp.jpg
pencil.png

Time to visit the boat ramp...

Perhaps the boat was towing the truck? :confused:

Back