Speedometer hose?

NetWorx

Participating Member
City
Coconut Creek
State
FL
Today during wash down I noticed a broken hose leading to the lower unit on my Honda 130. It connectons both ends with a 1/4" barb connector. One connector sets on the top area of the lower unit.
Is this a water pressure line for the speedometer? I it was held onto each bard with tie straps. Nowhere in my Honda manual in downloaded mentioned this hose or connection.
Bill, if your out there, I am certain you have the answer.
Thanks!

Yep. The Speedo. Never bothered to connect mine as they are inherently inaccurate. :cool:

My knees are my speed gauge.:p

I knew you would have all the answers! As usual, thanks for your knowledge.

I've always been using my GPS speed to manage my trolling speed.
My lures and skip bait dictate my trolling speed. On a particular day, when I find the perfect trolling speed, I use the tach for reference. ;)

For me too, it's basically a reference. I will often pull planers and trolling weights.

I recently replaced my Faria pitot speedo with a new Faria GPS speedo. Love it! No more clogged pitot inlet, and accurate with its own built-it GPS unit. Not very expensive either.

That's an interesting option . I was noticing routing the pressure tube for the speedo seems to always have the possibility of get pinched or pulled when the engine is trimmed. That would solve that issue too. Thanks!

Back