AstroDiver

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Menlo
State
GA
OK, I'm just going to throw this out there. I have a 2002 Suzuki DF115 4stroke. It says in my owner's manual that at 200 hours of use, that I need to replace the water pump impeller.
Anyone know where this impeller is located? :confused: Where I can get a service maunal?

I'll be calling Suzuki next week as they don't have a published e-mail address on their website.

Thanks for any help.

Impeller is in the lower unit. You NEED a manual to ensure that the job is done correctly. I use a Clymer manual when working on my Honda, but those manuals can be cumbersome since they try to cover all HP from 5 to 130 all in the same manual (for Honda). Not sure if they make one for your motor.

I'd go to http://brownspoint.com/ and order the DF115 Manual. Go ahead and make a complete order for an impeller, oil, oil filters, fuel filter, spark plugs, All Suzuki factory thread locks and spray oils....it's all pretty cheap. Hold onto the replacement impeller since you shouldn't replace it till you feel a "need" to. If you start noticing a decrease or weakened water stream out the starboard side of the engine, that's when I was told to replace the impeller by the Suzuki dealer in Gulf Shores.
An yep, I read the same thing. There were some videos at https://secure.suzuki.com/marine/showsanddeals/enews.php

Good Luck!

does anyone know if you can get the impeller at west marine ?

the manual at browns point is $78 . west m. has one for $36. anyone know the difference ? thanks.,, still trying to get to those videos @ secure.suzuki.com.........

You most likely can get the impeller at WM. The Seloc manuals list the Sieera Part Number for any available replacement items, and WM can order any Sierra product. Hope This Helps!

PS. You can buy an online subscription to SELOC online for a reasonable sum and it gives you access to the entire maintenance manual plus they keep it up-to-date for you.

Back