Transducer Question

rkola

Registered Member
City
Colorado Springs
Had to remove my Humminbird transducer, and repair the plastic mounting bracket (Epoxy is a wonderful thing - $3.00 vs $36.00 for a new transducer). I have it reassembled, and but I don't know how much to tighten the screws that hold the transducer to the mounting bracket. With minimal adjustment I can vary the tightness from where the transducer swings freely up an down, to where it is locked rigidly in place. Anyone know which is correct?

Ron

After a few times out and I made adjustments to where it read the best, I put a little removerable lock tight on it and snuged it tight. It's plastic so not to tight. If it's like most of them if you hit something the kick out plate will kept from damaging it.

Definitely something that needs a combination of both "Force and Finesse" or when your wrist "clicks" the first time should be enough... :p

In non-motor-head terms, inch pounds of torque with no bicep muscle being used on the wrench AKA "just snug" :D

Now If it bounces up from hydraulic force of the water flowing up from the transom, the next time just tighten it just a little bit more, and not a bunch more... And a SS lock washer may come in very handy in just such an application and what I had to use on my old 210 to keep it in the positon I wanted it to stay in ;)

Back