Unlit state boat launches

A

Aqualab

I used my boat this past weekend for a couple of evening fishing trips and noticed that the state launches on the lake that I fish do not have any street lights. Launching is not a problem but backing down the ramp and seeing/gauging where you are in relation to the boat when pulling it out is difficult. Trailer and jeep backup lights are all I had. I looked online to see if I could find any spot lights that I could mount on the trailer but didn't see any that were waterproof and adjustable. Would have to mount them high so they aren't submerged. I have the guides on the trailer to help get the boat in-line when pulling it out during windy conditions - maybe install lights on those? Any info/ideas would be appreciated.

Light Bar on top of your vehicle with a few spots pointing back would be my first suggestions

Move to Florida, the ramps are lit.

See if you can find magnetic trailer lights and either take off the lens or make/ find clear lens. WHen plugged in they will burn as long as your vehicle lights are on. To get brighter have both filaments burn with running lamps. (brake/turn and running lamp)

What about installing PVC guides on the trailer and then installing lights on top of the PVC pipes?

I lived in Florida on two separate occasions - 3 yrs in New Port Richie and 10 yrs in Orlando, throw in another 3 months at boot camp. I'd sell the boat and give up boating and fishing and maybe even drinking before I would move back. New Port Richie wasn't too bad, right on the Gulf. Orlando.................... ehhhh.... touristy, stagnant and stifling. 40 minutes to the Cape. I'll take the unlit ramps of upstate NY.

Oh yeah.....moved from TX to upstate NY in '59 as a kid. Stayed through high school. Only reason I went back was in '67 to marry my HS sweetheart. Now that I've got her back here in TX, no need to ever return to NY, and no reason that I can think of.:cool: I've lived all over this great land, and NY is the last place I'd go back to.

Heard Texas is really hot - really really hot, especially really really hot, this summer!:D Mmmmm, I'll take upstate NY, mild winters and all.

I ended up installing these on my trailer guide-ons for visual awareness while backing down the unlit ramps to retrieve the boat. Big difference.

getthumb.jpeg
ALSf2C3fmXDtAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Back