Warranty Transfer Bummer

M

markdm8

I'm in the process of purchasing a 2003 170CC. Be warned - Triumph WILL NOT transfer the Lifetime Hull Warranty if the sale is via "consignment".

Guess I didn't do enough research.....too late for me, but hopefully this information will benefit future boat buyers.

Mark,

From what I understand you might still be able to get the warranty. I called Triumph myself and spoke with the same people that you did. The gist of it is that the owner of the boat has to take it off of consignment and sell it to you directly. Basically, warranties are passed from one owner to another or from dealer to customer. Don't fret, I still think that you'll be able to by the boat with a warranty! If you have any other questions let me know!

I checked with someone at Triumph and was told:
The method that a used boat is sold should not matter in regards to warranty. If there is only one owner - warranty can be transferred. In other words, a third owner, of any boat is not eligible for warranty. A hull number can probably clear it up.
It would be worth a call to the factory with the hull number to see. :)

Thanks for the quick info.....I now have the Boat Dealership talking directly to Triumph Boats Customer Service/Warranty department. Hopefully they'll be able to make the transfer work out. This issue has me wondering if anyone has ever had to use the warranty???

Mark, the answer is yes.
I had some problems. There were some hulls made on bad jigs.
Mine being one of them. Triumph blew me away with their response
and promptness. I know the boating world often makes used car dealers and lawyers look good, but Triumph walked the walk...Steve

Back