Why So Wet, etc.

raymondlet

Registered Member
City
Exeter
Last year I purchased a 215CC and cannot believe how wet I and my family get whenever we use it. It seems no matter how we set the trim tabs wetness is the order of the day. I also have a issue with the port rear floor for it feels like there is much give to it. The dealer says it is fine; I disagree. I also find that rain water sits in the wells and doesn't drain. Am I doing something wrong? I'd also like to convert the well where the porta potti resides into a room for nature's calling. Is there a structure that fits into this area yet provides unobstructed view from the cockpit? If anyone has some advice I'd appreciate it.

Raymondlet

hello raymondlet i have a o8 215 i used my boat a week ago in 3 to 5 foot seas with the wind ahout 15 knots there was just two of us on board. and we did not get that wet the wind did blow the spay in our face a few times but thats not the boats falt i do not have trim tabs on my boat. thats one reason i like my boat its a dry ride. you need to try to always hit the waves at a 45 degree angle if you can. are you getting all the way up on plane. what kind of sea and wheather are you in at the time. if you are in com waters you should not be getting wet. about the fish box drains triumph did not think about them very long. my boat is the same way when your boat is in storage get the bow as high as you can leave the covers open they will dry out. dont know what eles to tell you about getting wet my boat is not wet. maybe it has some thing to do with the trim tabs hope that helps

my port rear floor is like that too my dealer said that he could drill holes and put some more foam in it but that i would not like the way it looked so as for now it ok with me

Why So Wet

Thank you for your response. Do you like your boat? The jury is still out on our decision. Sorry for asking again about getting wet. I didn't see your other response.

Ray

Hi Ray. That is very strange that you are getting wet. That is one of the distinctive characteristics of the Triumph to me, a dry ride. Are you getting wet from spray over the bow?

Get So Wet

Yes we are. It isn't a little wetness but alot. My wife was also sitting on the starboard rear seat and also got soaked.

What size seas is this happening in?

ray i dont know why you dont see my reply on getting wet yes i like my boat very much i am with ncangler if you are getting wet it must be do to the fact that the wind is high and you are getting wet from the spray. but all boats are like that unless they have a cabin. my boat is a pretty dry ride compaired to most . but you are going to get sprayed form over the bow if the wind is bad. i dont think there is anything wrong with your boat unless you are useing the trim tabs in away that is not letting your bow come up,keeping the bow down might be getting you wet

Wet

You have confirmed our thoughts. We must be handling the situation incorrectly and yes my previous boat was a cuddy and we never got wet. The learning curve will be behind us this season.

Thanks

Ray, I am also confused about your wet problem. We have a 2005 210CC, and it takes nasty weather for anyone to get wet. If the wind is less than MPH, I have to hit a wave or another boats wake wrong for anyone to get wet.

When the wind picks up, we use our tabs to force the bow down to give us a smoother ride, and we also slow down to keep the spray at a minimum. If higher winds pick up unexpectedly, everyone gets behind the center console. I let the wife sit and I stand.

As to the porta pottie question. The big Mega Hold for the porta pottie, is in my wife's opinion, one of the best features of our boat. It would take another boat right along side for anyone to know what she was doing.

Triumph does sell a "Porta Portie" Enclosure, or check out Overton's. One owner reported that they sell a "privacy partition" for Bimini tops that costs around $70.00. They reported that they fitted it to their T-top and it works great. We keep our bag of life vests and the Porta Portie etc in the Mega Hold. We would be out of space if we added the material an enclosure would take. Any other boat of similar size that had an enclosed area, it was a joke. Would take much smaller people than our family to use the space.

Are you talking about water staying in the splash wells back by the motor? Some folks have even placed a concrete block on the ground so they could raise the bow even higher.

There is no such thing as the perfect boat, but our 210CC is perfect for our family.

Get So Wet

Thanks for the reply. I'll take everything in consideration. The wells that retain water are the four storage areas port and starboard and we also notice water collection in the mega hold. Is this normal or is something wrong? I appreciate everyones feedback in my continuing education with Triumph.

I have yet to wear a rainsuit on my boat and i do 25-30 mile offshore runs in nasty Atlantic ocean conditions. i would think it is more a matter of the captain than vessel ,but you will soon get the hang of it.
As for knocking down the spray , I saw a clip on TV whereby there stressed trimming up to the windward side to allow the chines to knock the water down rather than trimming down into the waves. As for me the faster i go(when I have the nerve) in the slop, the better it rides

why so wet

I have a 2005 210c/c , I had the canves encloser mounted on the T-top.
I usaly leave the front portion on in the begining of the season, Dosn,t mess the
wifes hair up. Even with out it I have to be in pretty bad weather with high winds
to get wet. I think once you get use to the boat, you will be a lot dryer. With the degrees
of deadrise on the 210/215 the boat displayses the water away from the boat, Unless wind
is high and it wips spray back towards boat.I had a mako for 18 yrs, the 210 is dryer
than she was.My buddy has a whaler, in bad weather he looks like he took a shower.
You bougth a great boat.;)

why so wet

Thank you for the reply. I'm feeling alot better about our experience of last year. We must had done something exceptionally wrong to sample a shower. Experimentation will probably find the answer.

Thanks to all. You've been very helpful..

RaymondLet

Looking for a boat cover

I have a 2007 215CC with pulpit and T-Top and want to cover the boat at the slip. I would appreciate a suggestion on where to find one at a reasonable price and is easy to use. The weather in RI can be nasty at times and it would be nice to keep the boat clean and dry while docked. All responses are appreciated.

raymondlet

Illogical I kinda remember getting soaked going in the inlet at moorehead city with you aboard. granted we did have pretty good waves to start with, but those 40 footers running past at speed didn't help any. OH and thanks for keeping me out of the shallows I was turning for. :)

Nothing wetter than 2-3' bay chop and wind coming at your port or starboard front sides running 20+! Even in my Bay 190, it's rare to get wet once we're out in the Gulf etc.

I do keep some Columbia rainsuits and parkas as well as a google swim mask.......believe me, just try running thru afternoon summer storms without eye protection....sunglasses are useless and there is nowhere to hide from horizontal rain!

You Were Just Not Going Faster Than The Wind Or The Big Boys---lol

but illogicall you do know that if it could go as fast as the wind that malarboater would take it there.hes my kind of guy

the faster i drive my 210 in chop the better it bites into it ---i just lose my nerve after a certain amount of time and back off

Back