Yamaha 2005 F150TRX Wiring Harness Question

Rsloman

Registered Member
City
Tampa
State
Florida
I purchased a 2005 Yamaha F150TXR with harnesses and installed in my 2001 210CC Triumph/Logic. Mostly went well except for a wiring challenge; There is a harness that connects to the engine that has a four pin male connector and the wire colors are Pink, Grey, Orange, Black. Believe they attach to gauges at the console but can not figure where the harness connects to the motor or whatever. Any help is greatly appreciated. Have enjoyed this forum for years.

Attachments

• IMG_2496.JPG
    IMG_2496.JPG
    796.6 KB · Views: 4
I found this about Yamaha wire codes https://maxrules.com/fixyamahawiring.html They said may vary by year. I did read on a Yamaha community blog that seems the colors are consistant with trim and oil sensor. I can not vouch 100% for this info but seems a good source of info the start a hunt with.

YAMAHA COMMON WIRING COLOR CODES​
WIRE COLOR(S) FUNCTION
COLOR
SAMPLE​
BLACKGROUND
wire_black.gif
REDBATTERY POSITIVE; SW3 Oil warning red light V4
wire_red.gif
YELLOW Ignition ON 12-volts; Four-stroke lighting coil
wire_yellow.gif
BLUEInstrument lights, choke, choke circuit,
Ground potential oil transfer, High speed Charge Coil
wire_blue.gif
GREEN Tachometer signal, lighting coil lead, knock sensor
wire_green.gif
ORANGE Trim position sensor
wire_orange.gif
PINK Oil and overheat signal ground
wire_pink.gif
WHITE Ignition stop circuit, SW1 oil transfer off position V4
wire_white.gif
BROWNStart circuit Low speed charge coil; Positive "+" potential
to oil transfer pump; SW2 transfer on position V4
wire_brown.gif
GRAYWarning circuit lead; Over-rev control;
Four-stroke tachometer
wire_gray.gif
SKY BLUE Trim Up
wire_skyblue.gif
LIGHT GREENTrim Down
wire_lightgreen.gif

I purchased a 2005 Yamaha F150TXR with harnesses and installed in my 2001 210CC Triumph/Logic. Mostly went well except for a wiring challenge; There is a harness that connects to the engine that has a four pin male connector and the wire colors are Pink, Grey, Orange, Black. Believe they attach to gauges at the console but can not figure where the harness connects to the motor or whatever. Any help is greatly appreciated. Have enjoyed this forum for years.
k9reno - Thanks for the color chart, that helps and gives me a place to start. Your time is appreciated! My big problem is where does this harness connect to the motor or another harness?? I am stumped..

Attachments

• IMG_2496.JPG
    IMG_2496.JPG
    796.6 KB · Views: 3
Very possible it is either a open ECU "Test" connector so you can hook up the the Engine's ECU...

OR a NEMA 2000 connector so you can feed engine data direct to your GPS / Fish finder?

suzuki-outboard-engine-interface-cable-cb1.jpg

The wiring color chart K9Reno supplied (Great Find) would lead me to the NEMA 2000 connector point right at this moment since I cannot see the rest of the harness.

Try this search string and see if it helps any?

Best,
Dave

Back