2005 191 Fish and Ski

B

Bluefin

I just bought a 2005 191 Fish and Ski. My prior boat was a 25 foot Parker Marine C.C. deep V, but I left the Pacific Ocean behind for now and needed a quality boat for lakes, rivers, and sound in the Northwest. I do all my own work and upgrades on my boats so this type of site is great for everyone. This boat was a rental for a year like many others on this site and has a 115 Yamaha. It arrives in a week and I am looking forward to running my own rig again.

Any insight or helpful hints on this boat would be great.

Thanks,

Bluefin

Congratulations on the new boat Bluefin and welcome to the site. We look forward to your participation. :)

Welcome Bluefin and congratulations on your new boat.

There is plenty to read in both the "Forum" and "Article" areas. There are also some very good pictures showing what others have done to make their boat better for them.

Please try to use the "Search" feature if you are looking for something particular. If you can't find what you are looking for, just ask questions, and most likely someone can you some great ideas.

Again, welcome.

Thanks

Vic,

Thanks and I am sure I will have lots of questions when she arrives. Have lots of cool ideas for getting her up to speed.

Thanks again,

Bluefin

Randy,

Do you get down to the Cape in the winter for Giant fishing? The fishing off Morehead City is really close to shore and your boat would be great there.

John

Hello Bluefin and welcome,

I have a 2005 191FS that I purchased new. The boat has been great. We are a family of 5 and use it to fish, tube and explore. Lots of great information from the folks on this site. Are you already rigged? Just a note, if you have a bimini it probably will not sit flat when you lower it for trailing. I have some suggestions if you are going to tow with it in the arched position.
Enjoy your purchase!

Bluefin

Randy,

I was one of the first anglers to fish them in 1995 season off Cape Hatteras stand up. We fished that Cape Fear area in 2001 right off the beach not far from the harbor which was cool. My personal best is a 1215 lb fish. I was lucky enough to fish them in the epic years 1995-1999 in Hatteras. You should try it if you have the chance, but make sure you wear safety lines.

Bluefin

You have a good boat I also have a 191 fs. You can do a lot with it. Do not think you have to leave the ocean behind, the boat does good even in big water. I have do a lot to mine so if you have any questions or need pics shoot me an email

JGL,

Hello I saw your note about the bimini top and trailering. I have has some troble with this and would like to hear your suggestions.

Kyle

Hello Kyle,
I leave it in the arch up position when trailering. I did have problems with the nylon hardware mounted on the windshield. The vibration caused the thumb screws thread clearance to increase so they would work loose. I replaced the nylon hardware with ss hardware and they seem to stay tight now. My bimini was manufactured by Ameritex (941)-751-6131. If you look on your top there will be a tag that states who manufactured it. Mine had Ameritex, with the part# and job#. The harware is machined to match the contour of the windshield frame. Other than that no major problems when towing. I did however have to build a craddle to lower it into when I put the boat cover on because the top does not lay flat. When I spoke to Triumph, I was told different bimini systems on each hull number so you may need to call them with your hull number to get the right manufacturer and part numbers. If you need anymore info. just let me know. I must say, not being able to lay it flat when towing seems like a slight design flaw.

Back