Joining the club

sgrames

Registered Member
City
York
Looks likes theres quite a few of us who are new to this group. I purchased a 2005 191 about a month ago in NC. My wife Robin and I live in York, PA and will use the boat mostly in the Susquehanna River, Chesapeake and Delaware Bays. We enjoy fishing and watersports with the kids and grandkids. When we get a decent photo of us with the boat we'll update our profile.

We love the space and flexibility this boat provides, the old boat was a 16.5 foot Spectrum.

Here's my first question. Has anyone found a good way to extend the ski pylon on the 191 for great wakeboarding?

Thanks,
Stephen

Can't help with your question, but did want to say welcome.

We love our 2005 210 CC.

Welcome aboard Stephen. :)

Welcome aboard from a fellow Pennsylvanian. I live in Lancaster and like to take my 150 out on the Susquehanna below the Safe Harbor Dam by launching out of the Pequea marina. Will have to keep my eyes peeled for another Triumph on the waters, haven't seen any to date, especially a nice 191 F/S.

Hope to see you out there sometime.

Bob,
I'll keep an eye out for your boat as well, but we most frequently are up on Lake Clark above the Safe Harbor Dam. This past Saturday I took it down to Sandy Point State Park to look for Stripers, saw some on the sonar at 30 plus feet, but could get then to bite. Pretty cloudy water and a front rolling in makes for a hard day fishing. What do you fish for in lake Aldred? I've caught a small mouth or two down there in the rocks below the dam, but never had a lot of bites.
Stephen

Hi Stephen, I fish for anything that bites, namely smallies and largemouths. Don't do a lot of catching, but always have a nice time out on the water. I am heading up to Canada on Friday with a group for a week's fishing AND catching. We do really well on Pike, Crappies, perch (all large) and Lake Trout. I have several friends at work that launch above the dam and like Lake Clarke. I've also launched out of Muddy Creek just below the Norman Wood bridge, but it's really not very prop friendly right there very rocky. Nice ramps further down at the Peach Bottom Nuke facility. Ever try there?

Take care.

Bob

Welcome aboard Stephen. Bring "her" down to the Susquehanna Flats in the upper Chesapeake for some good fishing.

Jim,
I haven't been down to the Flat's this year. All the thread I read said the water was really opaque with so much rain. This past weekend I launched at Sandy Point but fish were deep and the water was anything but clear. Anyway, did you have any good days on the flats this year? I've launched out of Havre de Grace, where do you launch?

Bob,
I hope you have a great trip and the bite is on. I'm knee deep into changing the timing belt on my V6 Camry and getting away to Canada fishing sounds like a lot more fun. I've got a trip to lake Seneca for a week in July, can't wait.

Stephen

Stephen,
I have not fished the flats yet, but have been up in the river out of Lapidum during the catch and release season. There were lots of big ones caught then. My wife was off yesterday so we went out of Lapidum for the first time since the rock season opened but didn't catch one. She likes fishing for perch and catfish so we did that for a couple of hours and caught about 10 of each kind. BTW there are keeper size rocks being caught both on the flats and the river.

Jim

Back