New to the site

Chip_McCann

Registered Member
Hi,

I am Chip McCann. I live in Delaware and have a 2005 170CC. We got the boat in May. This has been one great boat for fishing and my family. I can't say enough about durable it is.

The one thing I have noticed though is that it is a little small for for our growing family. So we are looking to trade up to the 190 Bay.

Can anyone tell me how well the 190 handles in rough water versus the 170CC?

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Chip McCann

Welcome to the site Chip I fish in the Delaware bay out of bowers beach i have the 210 don't know much about 190 bay but some one here will be able to help you out. If it handles anything like the 210 you have nothing to worry about.

186 Runs Well

Welcome to the site, Chip!

I have an '01 Logic 186 Cool Bay, pretty much an early 190, same length and beam, which we bought this past summer. We ran the mid coast of Maine to ten or so miles offshore at times in some pretty decent seas. At all times in all sea states encountered - a couple that, if predicted, we wouldn't have set out in in the first place - the boat performed very well - smooth, predictable and responsive. It's especially nice in the commonly rough following seas here getting back into the rivers to have a boat that tracks solidly and predictably. The old girl handles that situation with aplomb.

I can't compare it with a 170CC, having never run one, but I can say I was so encouraged by the way it handled in some tough situations that I'll stick a Garmin Chartplotter on her this spring and confidently take it further up and down the coast. I've run a 23" Sea Ray and 21" Wellcraft and neither handled as well as the 186/190 in light chop to moderate seas.

Back