2005 F60, no power, runs fine at idle

Fly Fisher

Registered Member
City
Smithfield
I took my 170CC with a F60 out today. At full throttle, I couldn't get anymore than 2000 rpm. Works OK in neutral but when I put it in gear, it stalls or sputters and shakes. Engine vibrates. Thiis was my first trip out after picking up this boat from a dealer. It is a 2005 and he said he checked it out completely. It had half a tank of gas. I topped it off. Don't know the old the gas in the tank is. Anyone have this problem?

I would call the dealer right away. Does it have a fuel/water separator? The first thing that comes to mind is water in the gas. A fuel/water separator is money very well spent. If it does have one drain off a bit and check to see if the filter needs replacing. The other item is the in-line fuel filter on the engine.

F60 no power

Yes, I have checked both filters. Both are clean. It runs great at idle but no power under load. I will call the dealer tomorrow. Closed today. Much Thanks.

Check the manual on the motor. I believe there is an alarm on some like Suzuki when it is time for an oil change or service that can cause the engine to run at reduced power. There is a sequence for resetting this by removing the lanyard and some other stuff that I can't remember. :)

Looks like the lower unit has a problem. No water discharge during flushing. Back to dealer tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Back