2005 Yamaha 2 Sroke. No gas flow??

brennanpersonal

Registered Member
City
Brunswick
2005 Yamaha 60 Hp. 2 stroke
Dealer hit me for 250.00 to clean carbs twice. Said it was fine. Took it to the water-same problem after 20 minute run.
Removing the cover I can see gas spitting into the throttle valve on top cylinder but none in center or lower. A rev up in neutral sends a little into the top and a little less to the center but none to the lower.
What the heck is going on here?
Mike Brennan
[email protected]

Last edited:
Don't know and I suspect a plugged jet or stuck float in the carb bowls. You can try tapping the on the bowl lightly with a hammer. This or (recommended) take it back to the dealer who serviced it last and have them go over their work.

Now if you are still picking up crud from your fuel tank or fuel lines, until all such crud is removed that problem is going to crop back up... So you need to make sure the entire fuel system is clean. I would start with pouring in some Star Tron and letting it work on the present fuel / water / crud mix that is in the bottom of the fuel tank, and then go from that point forward and ensure the system going forward (including all filters) are clean.

Back