2008 191 F/S with 115 Yamaha

joyce

Registered Member
State
ny
i'm new to this boat and was wondering why the doesn't trim very fast? takes min's. The peak MPH is around 24. and if you back off the power the boat then slows down 12 mph and if you give it full power the boat doesn't trim and it takes a very long time (10 mins) to finally get back up to 24 mph. When I finally got it on the lift water was coming out of the bottom right of the boat ( some kind of hole was leaking). I don't know what this hole is and why would you need a hole in the bottom of the boat? Any help would be appreciated...

Joyce. We can cut through a whole lot of back and forth with the ole saying......" a picture is worth a thousand words" See if you can get a picture of the hole. Also not sure what you mean by trim or what your question is about slowing down when you back off power.
My first guess is the obvious one.......your allowing water into the hull somehow. This additional weight is causing a sluggish climb onto plane when you throttle up, which in turn is why it's taking so long to build speed. But we need more info.

Lets start with some pics.

Welcome aboard. Glad you've joined us! There are almost 14 years of information on Triumph/Logic Boats available in the Triumph Boat owners forums located here: https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/forums/triumph-boat-forums.132/

As noted on the homepage welcome, the Boat Owner forums are Private forums for Premium Member subscriber access only. But the subscription is only $12/year. If interested click on the "Go Premium" button in the upper right of the screen to learn more.

And you have come to the right place for help and upgrade ideas for her. Once you become a Premium member, you can really access a lot of information for that hull as well as a lot of other related topics.

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/pages/subscribe/

All My Best,
Dave
Associate Administrator

The Premium Membership is well worth it. (I don't get a single penny from it).

Back