235 Trailer Modifications

Triumphed

Registered Member
City
Montauk
I added the Tie Down guide-ons to help my visual alignment both backing up the trailer and powering the boat on the trailer. I also added the Tie-Down plastic bunks to help get her on and off the trailer more easily. They seem to work quite well. I have to launch at a very shallow ramp. She will not float off. Backed up slowly, hit the brakes, and she slid right off very nicely. I added the taller winch stand. The 235 comes with a 3 step windline transom mount boarding ladder. I purchased another bracket and mounted it on the winch stand. It works very well and I don't have to carry another ladder around. I hope I've uploaded the pictures correctly. If not, I'll try again tomorrow

Triumphed, I really like the winch stand ladder.That should make it a lot easier to get on and off that huge 235CC. It may be an optical illusion of your photo but it looks like the upright PVC guide ons are too tight against your rub rail. That may be a factor in the boat not floating off of the trailer. They are adjustable at the bottom to slide out to where they will not rub as you power the boat up on the trailer. The boat is as wide as the outside of your trailer wheels.The guide ons can be spread out to that width. I use them to see the trailer when I'm backing in without the boat on the trailer. They will help when you come on to the trailer in a stiff wind, but once you are lined up I don't think they should be so tight as to bend them outward or rub the rubrail hard.Look at some of the other trailers at the boat ramp and see how theirs are set up.Again it may be the angle of the trailer in the photo.
John D.

Hi John,
There is in fact 1 to 2 inches clearance on either side of the boat. Windline also makes a 4 step ladder if I choose to lower the bottom step. Glad you liked it.

Back