3M 94 Primer

G

greyoldchief

I want to move my registration numbers to another location on the boat. Has anyone purchased any 3m 94 Primer. If so, where did you get it?

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi Chief,

I don't use any primer for any of my registration or boat name letters, and they stick very well. I put them all just above the rub rail. I just make sure to use some Windex to clean the area well before putting the sticker on. I've gone through numerous boat names and also 3 sets of registration #'s due to this being my 3rd 210 hull. You may lose a letter or 2 during the first few times you take the boat out though, but once you replace that 1 or 2, they won't fall off again.

L8R,
LDF

LDF - This is not germaine to the thread, but how do you go through 3 hulls? These are pretty tough boats, and if they were all 210's then it is not the trade up factor.

Morning Free:

Thanks for your tip. I'll try that and see how it works.

Chief

Hey Fischer,

Yep, 3 hulls - first one was a 2000, one of the very first 210's made I believe. I bought it here in the Tampa Bay area. It had all sorts of little problems, but no structural problems - except with the t-top. The welds on the t-top cracked many times. Logic sent me to welding shops twice and then the 3rd time took the hull back and replaced it with a 2001. The 2001 had a lot of improvements on it and a new t-top, but that t-top also had welds crack at least once. Then, I noticed the Roplene floor near the base started developing cracks (one about 10 inches, another about 6 inches). The company again replaced the hull.

Soooooo, now I have a 2003 hull with a 2001 center console and t-top and a 2000 motor and trailer. The t-top has cracked again, but Triumph said it was past the t-top warranty, so I had to get it fixed myself.

P.S. When I got my 2003 hull back, the 2nd time out I had an electrical fire, which was either caused by nicked cables from the console battery to the motor, or from the wrong size being used. I ended up fixing it myself and installed the correct gauge cables, but I did get a bow dodger out of it for free.

So, I've gone through a lot with this boat and had been without one for months at a time while the hull got changed out, but I did get some freebies for it:
bow dodger, coaming pads, t-top curtains, and an updated hull that has all sorts of improvements to it.

P.S. Someone asked in another email about my screen name. That's my current boat name. It's been many names and my last one was "Free Breast Exam", but I've toned it down a tad to "Ladies Drink Free" and have had that on for over a year now and plan on keeping it.

:)
LDF

LDF,
Yea, that was me asking about the name! thought it was quite amusing. As for sticking on the letters and numbers to hull, clean the area well with a mild cleaner, then heat up the area with a butane lighter or something similar, just a bit to soften the Roplene(don't overheat!), then apply the letters and/or numbers. Mine have stuck just fine, I learned this tactic from the old site.

Fishahn

I found to keep numbers on, was by simply buying the size and type letters as the yearly tag stickers is made of. Never had a problem since.

Back