All High and Dry Marina's have 2 bunk supports???

fl81turbozx

Participating Member
City
Wesley Chapel
So I guess that means you can't high and dry a Triumph?

Do you have to to have 4 bunks for a 215? I called the Marina and they have 4 - 21' Triumphs there right now sitting on 2 bunks?????

fl81turbozx, to the best of my knowledge, the bunks at your high and dry need to match the bunks on a trailer designed for your boat.

I would not have my boat stored any other way. We had a trailer made for us by Rolls Axle, but they matched and even exceeded the bunk specks from Triumph.

We have members (more than one) on this site that have made boat lifts for their Triumphs. They matched the bunk specks from Triumph each time.

I am no engineer, but as I understand it, the flex in the plastic is the reason why. We get a softer ride, but have to do a better job of supporting the boat when not in the water.

I like my choice. My knees like the softer ride and so does the Admiral.

I agree that I wouldn't trade the boat for anything, Triumph has exceed my expectations in every regard so far.

S-cks that I won't be hanging with the yuppies at the High and Dry though and have to fight off the rednecks in their motorized ganoes at the boat ramp.

The high and dry's down here are nice, you call them, go boating, then sit in a bar while you watch them clean it and put it away.

I'm going to look into private boat ramps in the area.

Just another suggestion.

Have a trailer manufacturer build you a frame with the bunk supports as per Triumph specks.

The high and dry should let you put that frame on top of their "stuff".

If you change storage places or ever have your own place with a boat lift, you would be all set.

They can't get their forks under the boat with 4 bunks, I spoke with my dealer and they said 2 bunks were fine as long as they went from front to back

Just my additional 1/50th of a dollar.

Get that from Triumph. Triumph is the company standing behind any warranty work, not your dealer. If your dealer decides to close up shop, sell the business to someone else, etc., who is going to be there for you?

Please cover all your based before you close this chapter. I would not want any owner to get hurt, even if it was not on purpose.

Why would Triumph have different trailer specs if two bunks would work?

Warning To All Owners: You Cannot High & Dry A Triumph

As always, the great people at Triumph (Bryant) called me back the same day to answer my question......You can not high and dry a Triumph

Triumph boats require a 4 bunk support like our matching trailers. High and Dry's are only capable of giving you 2 bunks, because they need the outside area for the forks.

Triumph said that they will consider a bulletin to the dealers since some dealers have given me contradicting information. Also, I counted over 10 Triumphs at the High and Dry's I visited sitting on 2 bunks, according to Triumph, this will void their warranty....so BEWARE.

Over time, with climate changes, the boat will deform according to Triumph.

I still love the boat and no high and dry is a small price to pay for all of the advantages you get with a Triumph.

Back