Aloha to All

Kala'e

Registered Member
City
Long Beach
I got my Triumph 215cc about four months ago, and have been having great fun. Born and raised in the Hawaiian Islands, and am still learning fishing 'California Style'. I'm used to trolling for Ahi, but will settle for some nice calico and white sea bass.
Been loving my Triumph, and happy to join the Triumph family. I normally go out from Alamitos Bay and hit Pt. Furmin, Huntington Flats and Catalina. I've seen other triumph trailers at Davies Boat Ramp, so looking to get to know some other local triumph owners. I love the website, and hope to get to know some of you all.
Peace!
Kala'e

Welcome aboard Kala'e and congratulations on the 215! :)

Welcome to California, I launch out of Davies every Sat. PM me for a trip together

Welcome aboard Kala'e and can't wait to see some pics!

Welcome aboard Kala'e.

Kama'aina here. I lived in Hawaii for 15 years. Makakilo, Aiea and Manoa. I still own land in S. Kona and plan on dying there some day. In the meanwhile Im in Virginia until my daughter Malia graduates from school.

Anyway, Aloha nui loa brudda.

BTW, my 215cc is named "Papio". You and I are probably the only one's here that know what that is...:)

~Randy

Welcome aboard Kala'e.

Kama'aina here. I lived in Hawaii for 15 years. Makakilo, Aiea and Manoa. I still own land in S. Kona and plan on dying there some day. In the meanwhile Im in Virginia until my daughter Malia graduates from school.

Anyway, Aloha nui loa brudda.

BTW, my 215cc is named "Papio". You and I are probably the only one's here that know what that is...:)

~Randy

Negative, small tasty reef fish. This boy know

Doh! Maybe 3 of us....;)

Lol, I love shoreline fishing for papio and 'ulua! The blue shine of omilu is awesome. Cool name for your boat!

I use to whip for papio all the time down at the jetty on Barbers Point. I even made the Hawaii Fishing News "Holo Holo" page once in 2004 with a 18 pound Omilu.

Where are you from?

Whoa, thats good size! I caught my best Omilu down in Kalaupapa. I'm from Waimanalo side, and my family lives in Kahalu'u. I would dive for octopus in Punalu'u all the time, and fish off the point in La'ie. We would hit the bouys Kane'ohe side for Ahi.

Thats cool. Small world.

I love Waimanalo. I really miss Keneke's Kalua Pig plate.

We use to canoe out to the Mokulua's and spearfish for Uhu at the drop also pick Opihi. We also used to O'io fish at the park next to Bellows. I miss those times.

I also miss Kahuku Shimp and corn plate... :(

Kenekes! I getting hungry! I miss Kenekes, and the L&L right next to Shima's Market! : ) Plenty O'io by the Kane'ohe boat ramp... fish cake city over there. The best spot for Opihi is Black Point by Diamond Head.... got plenty, but you got to watch the waves real close. It gets spooky sometimes. I got slammed over there a few times! I got the method down, the mesh bag in the left hand, and the rubber band tied to the butter knife and da right hand. Got the butter knife on da bungie action! lol ... works great cuz you can let go the knife and hang on da rock when the wave comes. The black point blow hole has choke opihi!

Welcome to the SoCal area and congrats on the new boat. I normally fish the Channel Islands out of the Ventura area or Marina Del Rey. Maybe when the weather is a little more cooperative, we could buddy boat to San Clemente, Catalina, Santa Cruz, Anacapa or my personal favorite Santa Rosa.

Something to remind you of home:

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Papio? Same as pappiopio, a fish.
I saw the word you posted and felt challenged.
So I whipped out my "New Pocket Hawaiian Dictionary" and looked it up.

My Mom was born and raised in Hawaii along with her brother. He wrote a book about growing up in Hawaii. There was a passage in there about standing in the back yard and watching the Japanese Zeros screaming low over the house on their way in to bomb Pearl Harbor back in 1941.

A number of years ago, in the last century, I had applied some stick on letters on the back of my truck cover. It was fun in traffic to watch the people behind me, try to read what was there in Hawaiian with a puzzled look on their faces. Yea, I know, cheap entertainment. :D

Welcome to the group.

Back