Another Trolling Motor Setup

My components won't be in until next week so I'll be doing some mockup stuff this weekend to see how to best fit the 72" shaft on the bow pulpit. I may need to add a plate to keep it forward of the bow rail for clearance when the head is raised a little for fishing shallow water. We'll see.

My components won't be in until next week so I'll be doing some mockup stuff this weekend to see how to best fit the 72" shaft on the bow pulpit. I may need to add a plate to keep it forward of the bow rail for clearance when the head is raised a little for fishing shallow water. We'll see.
Honestly you could do what I did... May be blasphemy to some but extremely happy with trailering the boat this way lol and yes they're crooked on purpose left myself a handle for when I'm jumping in and off the trailer lol.

Attachments

• 16156788456485598722426781373966.jpg
    16156788456485598722426781373966.jpg
    915.6 KB · Views: 48
So far loving this battery In terms of space left over! Gonna be testing tomorrow if weather permits

Attachments

• 20210313_091109.jpg
    20210313_091109.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
  • 20210313_153427.jpg
    20210313_153427.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
Okay it's a mess in there and I still need to shorten then positive and negative lines just waiting on the marine connectors to come in. Closed end caps for sure lol.

As for the accessories I added to monitor the voltage and amp hours is a victron bmv-712. Still trying to figure out where the next hole in the boat is going to go to monitor the lithium when I don't wanna pull out my phone. All things attached are secured with scotch mount extreme. Seems to have held up in the past with the inline breaker for the trolling motor so I slapped the victron management system on there too :D. I drilled a hole in the center console to feed the wires through and I also drilled a hole in the latch for the mega hold to feed the wires through. Used a rod sock as my wire loom to keep everything together and not get pinched by the ice chest.

All wiring I had run for trolling motor was sufficient for the lithium battery to use so no modifications needed. Also the charger is secured to the top of the lithium battery box for easy installation. Figure it's waterproof so why hassle. Also I hated... loathed/despised the noco gen3 charger on the tray inside the center console. Had to get to the wires one day on the water and it was impossible to keep it set outside of the battery compartment. Every swell would knock it in and the rest of the trip ran with no heading sensor for the trolling motor lol. It was dark out when I got the picture taken hope it comes out clear. Also please don't knock me on the wires. That's a mess I'm willing/going to pay for hahahah

Attachments

• 20210313_184726.jpg
    20210313_184726.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
Thanks for the pics. I'm trying not to cut my bow rail but if I need to I will.

Here's the Rhodan unit just sitting on the pulpit. I think I need to push it 3 inches forward to clear the rail when deploying. Cutting the rail would be the simplest fix

Here's the Rhodan unit just sitting on the pulpit. I think I need to push it 3 inches forward to clear the rail when deploying. Cutting the rail would be the simplest fix

Had to remove that pic, the size was too big. I guess I need to reduce the size before uploading .
Anyway, after moving the TM around and trying to get the head unit under the rail to deploy, no matter how far forward I placed it, deploying and stowing is a pain in the butt. In any kind of chop that's not what I want to be dealing with. So it looks like the front of the bow rail will get a cut job. Kinda sucks but form follows function and the best way to get the TM to deploy and stow is the have a clear path.

Once you include the picture, click on it and you will see a resize tool near the bottom corner.

Just change the auto x auto to something like 600 x auto (or near that number) and that usually corrects such ;)

Had to remove that pic, the size was too big. I guess I need to reduce the size before uploading .
Anyway, after moving the TM around and trying to get the head unit under the rail to deploy, no matter how far forward I placed it, deploying and stowing is a pain in the butt. In any kind of chop that's not what I want to be dealing with. So it looks like the front of the bow rail will get a cut job. Kinda sucks but form follows function and the best way to get the TM to deploy and stow is the have a clear path.
If you do decide to cut the rail google this item # B076FM5JDF. That's the best fit that I found, and I just cut off the excess that over hangs with a razor. Also don't think it doesn't get scary up there in wicked swells. Deploying is simple with the bow rails cut... however stowing the motor is when I have the worst thoughts possible lol. You'll be stoked though with the performance of the trolling motor regardless. I chose cut bow for when I'm in the heat of things I wanna throw that thing down and hit the spotlock button on my lanyard. ZZzzzzz fish on :D

Back