Battery Replacement

hudson hawk

Registered Member
I pulled my battery today and unfortunatley it looks like i need to replace it. My question is when i was shopping online for the replacement i didn't come across one that had the exact ratings as required in my manual. MY mercury manual states that it should be rated for 465 marine cranking amps (M.C.A.) and or 350 cold cranking amps(C.C.A.) I use a sinlgle battery and not much by the way of electronics. How far off of these recomedations can i actually use without causing any problems?

It's no big deal. just make sure your new battery has at least 350 CCA. That 's not a very big requirement as you will see when you're looking around for a replacement. Get your measurements on your old battery and go to "Boaters World" or somewhere similar. They've got a 650 CCA marine battery on sale right now. It's easier to replace one with the same type posts and the same measurements. You must have a small engine if thats all the CCA's that your manual requires. More should not make any difference. That is probably the minimum CCA's that your engine needs.
John D.

Back