Best GPS /Fishfinder combo

ReelDive

Participating Member
City
Chipley
Getting ready to upgrade from my present set up (GPS76map and 240blue fishfinder) to one of the many combo units out there. The boat is a 190 bay so consol room is limited

1. needs to fit my console
2. need PC interface to connect to my loptop to transfer way points (right now I've downloaded the 76map to my laptop via the Easy GPS program)
3. needs to have NEMA 0183

I've been looking at the Humminbird 757c and the Garmin 440s

The Garmin costomer suport told me that there is no way to directly inerface to a PC but I could transfer data via SD card. This would require the purchas of a card reader. Don't know about additional software but knowing Garmin---

Any one with any experience with either of these units? Any other suggestions?

I have a Garmin 498c and have been very happy with it. It is however; a discontinued model.

I too was disappointed that a PC interface was not available, but I wanted it mostly to be able to power the device while I learned how to use it. The alternative for me was to purchase an AC power adapter and use the simulator function, which works nicely. The AC cord also has a USB connector for use in uploading device software updates.

I have not used the SD slot for anything thing yet so I don't have any useful comments; however, an SD reader shouldn't be that expensive, my laptop and my HP printer both have built-in readers.

As far as your dash layout, I won't be of much help there either, my boat is a 195DC. Here is a pic of the dash anyway. http://www.performanceoutdoors.net/forums/album.php?albumid=598&attachmentid=6218

Back