Bill

WEHELLA

Registered Member
City
Essex Junction
Hey everyone,

I'm a new owner of a 2005 CC-170 with a 4-stroke Yamaha motor. I live in northern Vermont and plan to do most of my fishing on Lake Champlain starting when the ice breaks this spring.
I think it's great to have this network of Triumph owners and look forward to meeting other owners and sharing stories.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Welcome aboard! From where I live, you're practically in Siberia, but as a community we're tight. :)

How long till the ice breaks up?

Normally the ice goes out in late March as the temp. warms and the wind breaks it up. Air temp. gets better around the 1st part of May.

Welcome aboard, Bill. Ice out is just around the corner, so start getting her ready. That's a great boat you got there (I may be a little biased :D)...you're going to love her. Lake Champlain is a great fishery...what do you normally target?

Tight lines.

Welcome aboard Bill. Congratulations on being a Triumph Owner and thanks for joining our owner community. ;)

Sorry for the delay in responding. Went to a hockey game eary this pm. Not much to do up here in the winter except watch hockey and ice fish! My boat came with two downriggers, Ugly sticks, weights, GPS, fish finder and about everything else I need for salmon fishing. That will be one target along with walleye and bass. We normally fish the northern section which provides us with several different species.

Welcome Bill
We were up in your area last September camping with some friends near Barre, VT. We visited Burlington and took a site seeing boat ride out on Lake Champlain, then drove out onto Grand Isle up as far as Hero's Welcome general store in North Hero, VT. You sure have some beautiful country up there. I only fished a couple of streams/rivers while there with no luck. Sounds like you have a nice setup on your boat, and I am sure you will enjoy it soon.

Thanks Jim...I have a camper just north of North Hero on Isle Lamotte along the lake shore. So we go right by Hero's Welcome quite frequently in the summer. It's about 40 Mi. from where I live in the Burlington area. It's a beautiful ride through the islands.

Welcome from NC ;)

Welcome

And I hope you enjoy your 170 as much as I do mine. Even in the winter. My buddy and I just did a "run to the dock" in rain and hail for about 10 miles, (raingear is a blessing). Got to see how she handled in high wind(22+knots) and downpour. Thankfull it doesn't get as cold as your area.

I'm glad to hear that so many owners enjoy this model Triumph.. How well does it handle in the high wind?

Windy

Really well considering I put canvas splash guards on the front railing. She canted some when the wind was abeam but wasn't difficult to keep on a straight line or control in turns.

Hey Bill!

I'm presuming this is Bill Jr.. How are you? I lived down the street from you many years ago in Essex.

Looks like we bought our Triumphs not more than a couple weeks apart - sounds like you're enjoying yours as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Let me know if you ever get out to the West Coast, and we'll have to meet up for a day of fishing. Give my best to your family.

Chuck

welcome...aboard

Back