Boat Covers

johnnylite

Registered Member
I have an 05 210 with t-top and would love to get a cover for it.
The old tarpaulin is wearing out and I would love to get a spiffy new cover.
Anyone out there have a good source?

Thanks in Advance
Johnnylite

Does you boat sit outside?? if so, have you thoght of a portable carport??

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya that portable car port looks great. How long do you think it will stand up to ten inches of snow on top and 30mph winds. :)

MINE IS NOT PORTABLE, BUT THEN I DONT GET ANY SNOW EITHER!!!!

NICE SHADE TO WORK UNDER THOUGH;)

full

I was thinking of a canvas cover. I don't have the space for the garage.
I keep it in a storage facility.

Johnny - suggest you avail yourself of the search function on the forum - you'll see a bunch of previous posts about various covers......costs, sources, experiences, etc......Barry

I have been looking myself and found that Overtons has covers that accomodate t-tops with outriggers abd VHF antenas for under $600 (w/ a 5 year warranty) Someone also posted a source a month or so back that wasn't a bad deal either.
I checked overtons.com and cannot find the covers. I'll get the info from the catalog and get it to you.

I just installed the cover that Iordered from Overton's. It was a bit tricky to figure out with no instructions in the box. The cover cost $480 including shipping and taxes. Not bad!The qualityof the fabric is ok, not the really heavy materia but it does have a 5yr warranty so it can't be all that bad andthe price is awesome! The one that I ordered was the 21.5' - 22.5' and it fits nicely. The part number is 74877.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro...or_Imperial_T_Top_Hard_Top_Boat_Cover_216_225

I am looking for a center console cover, I am keeping my boat on a mooring, any thoughts?

Try Overtons for those as well. Their prices are hard to beat.:D

are you looking for a cover for the entire boat or one like this.

full

I think the guy that made mine probably still has the measurements for it.

Rudderhinge, I like the look of that cover. It looks a lot like the Triumph factory cover. How much was it?

I went to Coversinc, but it's just a website with a bunch of other links so I don't know which one you bought it from.

Thanks!

Swamp Bear, sorry but I inserted the wrong link. I went back and changed the link. It should have been http://coversinc.net This is the company that does the covers for Triumph if you order one from them. I got mine before Triumph started using them. The cost was around $800 with shipping when I got it. You can find covers for less but they are not custom made for your boat and they will not be the quality of this cover.

Rudderhinge, did you pay around $800? I have been in touch with the covers inc to get a cover made for my 210 and the price is coming in at $1152 for the avalon fabric.

Also can you trailer your boat with it on at all. I hope to make a short trip to a storage area where I store my boat for off times with the cove on if possible. But I love your cover - it looks like they did a great job in getting the fit correct..

Thanks much
Joe

400bunky, I just looked at my invoice and that is what I paid for it. After looking at the invoice I do not see any charge for shipping. I think my dealer had it shipped to them with another order, I don't know. I got my cover 1/03/06 so im sure that their has been some increase in price. Does the price you posted include shipping? Also im not sure of the differance in price between the fabrics. Mine is made out of Sunbrella III.
I can trailer my boat with the cover on but I had to replace the bungee cords that I us while it is covered at home with rope. The bungee cord would let air get under it and lift up the cover. I have only trailered it for short runs and not over 45 MPH. I don't know of any cover that will stand up to hi way speeds unless is is a flat cover like for a bass boat.
I have seen a lot of CC boat covers here on the coast but I havent seen any of them that fit better than mine. I see them all the time after storms and they have blowen off or have water puddling on them and causing some of them to rip. I agree that $1152 seems a lot but so is $600 and it not lasting anytime. Good luck, Bob

Well, from what I'm getting that was a terrific price, the sunbrella fabric was actually higher than the avalon. Oh well, I still like it and I'll talk to them about the pricing, I agree it would go up some. I'll report back just to keep the thread up to date. Thanks again.

Joe

Covers Inc. here. If you have any questions about our covers, just ask me. Our prices have gone up a bit, but thats because the quality work that we do has a higher production time.

Back