Check Engine Light Blinking?

B

boat1

Hello everyone. I have a 2003 170cc triumph with a suzuki df60 4 stroke motor. I keep getting a check engine light blinking when I turn the key to the on position. I tried pulling three times on the kill switch (not sure if that's the correct name for that switch, but it's the button you pull after an oil change).
I would like to know if anyone can point me in the right direction or has an idea what could be wrong before I take it to the shop.

blinking light

In think the blinking light (I have the Suz. 115 4-stroke) is telling you that the onboard computer calulated that it is time to change the oil, but you will have refer to the engine's owner's manual to find out for sure.

Is the alarm sounding when you crank the motor? If I can remember, I'll grab my Zuke repair manual and pass along the dx codes.

Thank you for the reply, and yes the alarm is sounding before(with the key in the on position) and after the engine is started.

In think the blinking light (I have the Suz. 115 4-stroke) is telling you that the onboard computer calulated that it is time to change the oil, but you will have refer to the engine's owner's manual to find out for sure.

Thanks for the reply. I did not get an owner's manual with my boat. The dealer said he try would get me one but I haven't received it yet. Could you tell me what to do after an oil change.

1) turn ignition key on
2)pull out emergency stop switch plate/stop cord
3)Pull up emergency stop switch knob 3 times in 7 seconds then a short beep
should sound to confirm.
4)turn ignition key off

What is the sequence of flashing of the dx light?

1) turn ignition key on
2)pull out emergency stop switch plate/stop cord
3)Pull up emergency stop switch knob 3 times in 7 seconds then a short beep
should sound to confirm.
4)turn ignition key off

What is the sequence of flashing of the dx light?

Thanks, I tried that and I still get the flashing check engine. I did notice a code 32. I'm ordering the repair manual for my engine.

I have a repair manual for the Suzuki DF990/115 and DF 140 Four Stroke. The general section indicates that the code 32 indicates a failed MAP sensor 2 (Pressure detect passage). May be the same for your engine!

I have a repair manual for the Suzuki DF990/115 and DF 140 Four Stroke. The general section indicates that the code 32 indicates a failed MAP sensor 2 (Pressure detect passage). May be the same for your engine!

Your right, I stoped by a suzuki repair shop and that's what they said. They also said my high pressure fuel filter and the other fuel filter on the engine wall could also be clogged.

Hope it's a fairly inexpensive fix. Keep us informed as to the outcome.

Back