combiner 50 anyone ????????

S

steveb.

Just bought and installed a combiner which supposedly charges what ever battery which has the least charge in it ??????IS THIS CORRECT and do the batteries have to be the same size ??? as i have a starting battery which is the main boat battery and i just bought a bigger one for my trolling motor. any info will be greatly appreciated. steveb.

it's a westmarine combiner 50--- i have a 50 hp honda 4 stroke

You did not state how you installed it, but starting at the beginning, may I suggest the following. I hope this is the information you were looking for.

Please go to: http://www.westmarine.com/

At the top of the page, highlight "Product Advice" and choose "West Adviser"

On the "West Advisor" page, scroll down to "Electrical" and on the right hand column click on "Creating a Reliable Battery System"

That is some interesting information.

Another section to read can be found by going to the top of the page, highlight "Browse Categories" and choose "Electrical"

On the "Electrical" page, find the "Chargers and Inverters" section, and on the right hand column click on "Battery Combiners/Isolators"

Scroll down till you find:
WEST MARINE Two Bank Battery Combiners
Our voltage-sensing Battery Combiner relays connect two batteries during charging to ensure even energy replenishment, yet isolates the batteries during...
Only $79.99 USD

Click on that item to go to that page. At the bottom of that page it states:

Click the links below for installation instructions:

So now click on the link:

"Battery Combiner, 50AMP" That will give you the PDF file to read that also is very good and further explains how to wire it up.

Hope this helps, Vic in Osprey FL

Back