Crab angels with Plum Sauce

Mrs. Offshoreman

Registered Member
State
CA
I love crab just about any way I can get it, but these are super tasty....
Angels
1 cup crab meat
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup diced green onion
1 tsp garlic salt (more or less to taste)
1 package wonton wraps
Mix the first 4 ingredients well. Put about 1/2 tsp on each wonton wrap, wet the edges and fold corner to corner in a triangle (unless you're fancy). Deep fry until golden brown.

Plum sauce
1 cup plum jam (homemade is best)
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup soy sauce
whisk ingredients together and heat in a saucepan over medium heat just until it begins to boil, serve as a dipping sauce for the angels.

I just use vegetable oil, because we have family allergic to peanuts. Whatever you use for deep frying will work just fine!

What about the air fryer?

Air Fryer...

Sounds like a Interesting concept, but as we say here in the South "That Dog just don't Hunt" and kind of along the lines of the words "Jumbo Shrimp" LOL

Air fryer is awesome, but it certainly has it's limited purposes.

Plum sauce sounds fantastic with these. My wife and I just stuffed ourselves with these last night. We’ve always used sweet and sour sauce, but we will be trying this with our remaining fresh crab tomorrow.

Nice!!

It’s a fun little competition. We had some high roller judges this year including the mayor and first district supervisor. Thanks again for sharing your recipe.

That's great you're winning contests with MY wife's recipes. I'll start planning my next big purchase on the royalty checks.

Back