Davits and Triumph boats

M

MattB

Are there any issues fastening the hardware needed to use davits with Roplene boats?
Thanks-
Matt

MattB,
Sorry, davits will NOT work on a Triumph. Being plastic, they need to be properly supported when out of the water. Many owners have built boat lifts that have the same support as the Triumph supplied trailers. In my opinion, the plastic gives me that easy ride that keeps my back and knees happy all day, and a boat that I clean with a pressure washer and never polish.

If a boat on davits is a must for you, then a Triumph is not for you. Sorry.

I checked with the factory for the official response and it confirms OspreyVic's post:
Our boats are not designed to go onto davits as they are not properly supported while being stored on them. However if you just need to lift the boat to move it to a storage unit (with proper bunk support), then we suggest using the bow and stern eye. But this is for temporary movement only and not for long term storage.

hefty

i am considering a 1700 dc but i need to lift it out of the water with my club's crane. can i lift this boat from the front and rear eye bolts to take it off and put it on my trailer? time is of essence. thanks

Hefty,

As noted in the official response from Triumph, you can use the bow and stern eyes to lift the boat from the trailer to place in storage. Make sure however that the bunk configuration in the storage facility matches the necessary bunk layout from Triumph. You can download the trailer bunk schematic for your 170 from the "Info", "Downloads" link.

Back