New Leaf Springs

MolarBoater

Contributing Member
City
Mountian Brook
Well, my 2,000lbs leaf springs are now in and you can order them where all fine leaf springs are sold.:)

The 190 Bay should ride on a total of 4,000 lbs of spring so 2-2,000lbs leaf springs should do you. (farely certain my originals were @3-3,500lbs) I am also buying new hardware for mounting but staying with galvanized since the last hardware looks to be in good condition and was galv also.

I'll pass along the brand and model # once I have them mounted and in working order. In previous posts, I explained how I bent the trailer axle (unkown etiology) which in turn cause severe tire wear going down the interstate for @ 100 miles. :eek: It doesn't take long if everything isn't perfect cause I checked the tires and bearing temp when gasing up mid trip.

So if it was your axle you bent...why do you need new springs????

I am thinking the springs are under-rated for the current weight of the boat. The axle went out of chamber and I could have had it re bent into "chamber" but opted for a new one instead along with hubs/bearings and tires all for under $200 from the trailer manufacturer.

Back