Do not use boaters world/west marine brake kits

ILLOGICAL GGC

Contributing Member
City
Washington PARK
State
NC
i just spent last weekend and aged 5 years trying to replace the drum style brakes on my triumph trailer with disc style. the 13 " wheels are too small to fit over the 10" disc and will bind the wheel to the caliper. i have got some wheel extenders ordered to try and get the needed clearance. it that doesnt work i will need to find new rims that are deeper than the ones furnished by ez loader.
i could not take them back cause i had already put on the new actuator hitch and filled with fluid and run the brake lines and basically had all the stuff installed 'cept the wheels before i found out i had a problem

anyway , i just wanted to give ya'll heads up that these kits will not direct replace the drum style brakes if your trailer has 13" wheels.

I have not given up making them work ,but i should have been fishing instead of looking for a way to make them work

well today i was able to add a 5/16" wheel extention plate in front of the rims and thay are not rubbing against the calipers. the down side is i dont have alot of stud to screw the lug nuts to. i will see if i can get my local brake guy to see if he can press in new longer stud bolts

just way more aggravation than they are worth and i may still have to buy a different rim before it is all said and done

sorry to hear of the hassel, I went to disk, but had a trailer place do it...no more worries, and the cost was great.

Back