Dry weight of 2004 170 CC

senatbob

Registered Member
City
Leominster
Can anyone give me an idea of the dry weight of a 2004 170 CC for towing purposes? I also have a 50 HP 4 stroke Suzuki that weighs 238lbs. Boat and motor are towed on a 2003 EZ Loader Trailer weighing 451 lbs that is rated for 2000 lbs.

My car is a 2008 4cyl Honda Civic that is rated to tow 1500 lbs. I have had a hitch put on the car at U Haul that can handle 4000 lbs, but I understand that it is the car towing capacity rather than the hitch that is the limited factor here. I have a friend who has a Ford F 250 that can tow the boat, but I'd like the flexibility to be able to tow the boat myself. The lightness of the boat was one factor that prompted me to by Triumph.

Thanks, Bob

It is not the dry weight you should be looking for. Dry weight is the weight with out any fluids like oil and fuel. My suggestion is to fuel up the boat and fill it with gear and take it to a truck stop and put it on their scale.

From the factory:
Dry weight of the boat only, no gear, fuel, batteries or any other items
added after the boat is built is 1100lbs.

Weight

1. Boat 1,100 lbs
2. 70 HP 2 stroke Yamaha 228 lbs
3. Trailer, about 500 lbs
4. 21 gallons of fuel, about 130 lbs
5. All the other stuff (radios, GPS, depth sounder, food, water, etc.) 150 lbs.

Perhaps about 2,300 lbs when done.

Little car will not cut it.

My Toyota Tacoma with a transmission cooler is rated at 3,500 lbs. and works great. You will burn up the transmission on your car towing the boat.

Sorry.

Its not only the burning up of the trans but most of the time you can pull MUCH more than you can STOP. If you plan on using the civic I would really think about upgrading the brakes. There is a lot of High Performance brakeing systems for the civic for a realitivly cheap price.

HTR,

Use the car in front of you to stop. :D

Back