Evinrude just bumped up warranty to 5 years

agereety

Participating Member
City
Framingham
I was just watching the "Ship Shape" TV show on FSN and saw an Evinrude commercial stating that the "Spring Savings Event" from May18 to June 30 is offering a 5 year warranty. I just ordered a 190 Bay with a 150 E-tec , and I was bumming about how I missed out on the 7 year warranty that ended in April. Now, it looks like I'll be able to take advantage of the 5 year warranty.
For anyone considering a purchase of a Triumph with an Evinrude - this might be an attractive offer.

Evinrude Spring Sales Event only for 2004-2007 models

I have since found out that the Evinrude Spring Sales Event only covers 2004-2007 models. This was not addressed in the tv ad. It was also not addressed on the first page I looked at on the Evinrude website. However, on the Evinrude website - if you click on the word "more" for more info. - it clearly states that it only covers 2004-2007 models. My dealer just informed me that my motor is a 2008 motor. I called Evinrude and inquired about whether or not my 2008 motor would qualify for the 3 year extended warranty offer. At first, the guy said that he was sure that it would be covered. Then, he put me on hold , got back to the phone ,and indicated that it would not be covered. So, it would appear that I will not be getting an extended warranty without paying for it. I am currently waiting to see how much that extended warranty may cost.
For anyone hoping to take advantage of this promotion - it's 2004 to 2007 motors only.

Back