Floating lift for my 150CC?

pedh2o

Registered Member
City
Mt. Juliet
I have a 150CC and I'm looking to put it on a floating boat lift in my dock on an inland lake. I've seen websites for Jet Dock, EZ Dock, HydroHoist...all of which have floats for boats from PWC to much larger than mine. i want the boat to ride out of the water when stored, too much algae here.
From reading other posts, I'm concerned that for long term storage the Triumph wants to be cradled like it is on the trailer. The V hull of my boat may not match the rather flat profile I see on the floats.
So my question is whether anyone can recommend a floating lift that's best for the 150? Or other thoughts?
Thanks!

If you do not use custom bunks to match the trailer support configuration, it will void your hull warranty. On the plus side, it looks like you should be able to accomplish that with the HydroHoist. Just have the manufacturer build the bunks from the trailer spec sheet.

I wound up going with Floatair out of South Carolina. Their lift hinges at the front so the back end lowers like a ramp. We had some issues getting the bunks close to matching the hull, but the company owner came and worked on it himself along with chief designer. My slip is very shallow so I must use full throttle reverse and maybe a push in addition to launch the boat if the lake is down at all. Reloading is easier. I can send photos to anyone who's interested.

well good luck and photos are always nice along with maybe helping someone in the future ...

pedh2o,

Would love to see some photos of the finished project! :cool:

Yes, photos and a little more info on it please! My lift will probably have to be replaced in a year or two and I am considering my options. Thanks and good luck with it!

I have been thinking that a floating PWC-style dock would be ideal for my 150CC. Watching this thread with great interest, and would love to see some pics!

Cheers,
Dave

I have been thinking that a floating PWC-style dock would be ideal for my 150CC. Watching this thread with great interest, and would love to see some pics!

Cheers,
Dave[/QUOTE}
Sorry, I've neglected this site for a while and just getting back to it. I'm happy to report my lift is working out pretty well. It's FloatAir out of South Carolina. I chose this one because I don't have much water and it lowers by pivoting at the front rather than lowering as an entire unit. I would have had to dredge at the front and probably dredge again from time to time. As it is, I had to swim under and do some dredging by hand near the back. Putting it back on the inclined lift was tricky until I found that I could hold the boat in place with the prop pushing while I get out and tie off the bow. Then I can raise it after the engine is shut down. No problem. An advantage to the front pivot, aside from operating in shallow water, is I can tilt the boat on the lift to drain bilge or when I want to hose it down. I'll be happy to answer questions or chat.

Attachments

• IMG_6491.jpg
    IMG_6491.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6866.jpg
    IMG_6866.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 5
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 5
Back