JetDock or VersaDock

Skinnedknuckles

Registered Member
City
Pleasant Valley
I am considering purchasing a floating dock, such as a JetDock or a VersaDock, for in-water storage of my 2004 191DC. I don't want to get into bottom paint and the risks of leaving the boat (hopefully) floating by the dock, but I'm tired of lauching every time I want to go out, and a lift isn't really practical.

Given the discussions concerning bottom distortion when not properly supported, I am looking for any experience or recommendation. The VersaDock seems to be designed for more hull support, and I intend to ask both if it is possible to mount support bunks to mimic the trailer support, but that is a complication I would rather avoid if possible.

Does the factory have any recommendation? I found one other post on this subject, but no definitive data or recommendation, just concerns similar to mine.

Thanks for any help.

From the factory:
We recommend that the boat is supported properly. The only way we can be sure that is accomplished is if the boat is either on the trailer it came from the factory with (or a cradle that mimics it), or in the water.

NCAngler,
Thanks for getting a factory response. I finally got around to looking at the video that came with the boat (I bought the boat used, and the DVD was still sealed) and it had a segment on special requiremens for Trimuphs where they showed the use of wedges when the boat was off the trailer resting on the keel. That would seem to be an ideal solution - have the VersaDock support the keel and then install the wedges for storage. Any idea where I can get wedges like they showed in the video? Maybe the factory can provide a part number?

Back