Florida fishing question(s)

grandes

Registered Member
City
West Chester
I'm a 170cc owner (1st boat) in PA and am planning a 2-week trip to Florida the 1st 2 weeks in Oct. This will be my first time to FL and I'll be in Kissimmee. I'm looking for some advice/tips on some good areas to take the boat. Hopefully for some good Red fishing maybe some AmberJacks. Any advice on type of bait...live or plastics, spinners, plugs...etc, where is a good place to go w/pubic ramps. I hear Titusville is really good area. Any advice from the FL locals would be greatly appreciated....

Can't help you with the Florida question, but wanted to say hi to a fellow owner in PA. I live in Lancaster and am taking my boat in the opposite direction, heading to Canada very early on Saturday morning - doesn't take as long to get there and great fishing, so if you ever want to go north, I can point you to some pretty good lake/fishing/boating areas. Have fun on your trip and good luck.

Bob

Some of the best fishing around that area is the mosquito lagoon area. Banana river area. All near titusville. Soft plastics, Gulp shrimp fished on jigheads are the choice of bait. Early morning or overcast lo-light conditions for top water is also a great choice. Also if you have a cast net then live bait is always a sure bet. Mullet shrimp and mud minnows are the best and are easy to net. Your catch will vary from Trout, Reds, Flounder, Snook, Tarpon Etc. Make sure you get a fishing license also as you will more than likely get stopped. If you can afford it I would take a guide out for mosquito lagoon the first day then venture out on your own the next couple of times. Look for flats and oyster beds. Live bait getting hit etc. There is also some good bash fishing in the kissimme area. Peacock and blackbass galore at Disney lakes. If you want abmerjack or something offshore then I would definately get a hotspots map and search some of the reefs/wrecks in about 80 feet of water to achieve your goal. Frozen Sardines or squid are great but buy some sabiki jigs and drop over reef for some small batifish to use. Always throw a flat line out with a live bait and set the drag loose and pay close attention to it while you bottom fish. You wont be sorry. Good luck and enjoy your stay in FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have specific fishing info, however, Flora-duh does require a temporary fishing license. You can get it online (start at myflorida.com) or at Wal Mart, Outdoor World, etc.

Back