GPS Chartplotter

jeffd2003

Registered Member
City
Laurel
I want to add a GPS chartplotter. I have looked at a few, but I don't know which one to go with. I want affordability, I don;t need anything super techy. I already have a depthfinder/fishfinder, so I'm looking soley for a chartplotter to help with navigation. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Garmin GPSMap 440. Good price and preloaded with all US coastal charts.

Thanks for the reply pamarine? Can you also add additional maps, I do inland fishing in the bays near the coast and also in a few rivers. Would the coastal map have the bays?

YES/NO......You can buy the BlueChart cards for whatever maps you need.....

Garmin GPSMap 440. Good price and preloaded with all US coastal charts.

I also agree. I have the garmin 430 that has inland lake maps. I really like it. The best thing I like about my garmin is I can download my waypoints and tracks to my computer and use garmin mapsource to edit any changes or go over where I was.

HTR

The best combo I have found is the 440 with the US inland Chart chips. They are region-based (west, south-central, north-east, southeast, & north-central) and available as 3d vision charts or standard 2-d charts for $99 (MAP) per chip. I really like the vision chips but coverage may be a bit more limited.

Check out Bass Pro Shops or West Marine for them.

Hope this Helps!

I bought mine on Amazon.com and saved about $100. Garmin Customer service is really good so even if you buy it from a no name place Garmin will take care of you. My transducer was having problems and I was leaving for a fishing trip in 2 days. They overnighted me a new transducer FREE of cost. I guess I did have to pay to send the broken one back to them.

By the way if anyone needs a spare NEW dual beam transducer for the garmin let me know. I have one new one and a used one. I ended up getting a dual frequency transducer for lake michigan fishing.

Back