To many electronics????

HighTechRedneck

Contributing Member
City
Montgomery
So this winter I bought a few new toys to add to my boat. My question is how should I hook everything up to best spread out the electrical load over the two aux circuits. I might possibly install a third circuit just for the Furuno fish finder to eliminate and interference but I would rather not do that. Heres what I have to hook up.

Furuno 620 fish finder
Product Detail - FCV620

Garmin 431s chartplotter/fishfinder. (This will be installed as just a chartplotter no transducer)
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=150&pID=28752

Fish Hawk X4 Temp
Fish Hawk Electronics :: Fish Hawk X4 > Fish Hawk X4 Downrigger Data System

25 watt Uniden marine radio

Stereo

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance
HTR

HTR,
Thats a lot of draw that you'll have going on there especially with the VHF in transmit mode.I would run 2 good size wires direct from the battery to a separate Buss board in your console.You can hook each electronic device to a separate fuse. It will cut down on interference also.Good luck.Thats some nice toys.
John D.

More power...

Hi HTR,

I ran 6 guage wire ( + and - ) from the battery ( + through a 50 amp fuse) to a fuse box purchased from West marine. The fuse box has six circuits. You can either purchase the box that uses glass fuses or the plastic blade fuses. I used the glass fuse holder so I can "rig" it when necessary. The box has a push button that pops out the fuse.

See photo below.

Attachments

• P1010010.jpg
    P1010010.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 22
Nice job BarryB.

hightech,

fridaysoff and barry answered the question very well. If you have any questions feel free to contact me here at the shop. We have bus bars large enough for what you are doing. Hope this helps. Have a greatday.

Back