NCangler

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
I went fishing for freshwater Striped Bass today for the first time in my life. I went out with Capt. Troy Roberson, the Striper-Sniper. It was a pleasure getting to know Troy and boy does he know how to catch Stripers in Jordan Lake here in North Carolina. We caught 31 stripers today between 6-9lbs. and it was a blast. I kept four fish and filleted them when I got home. They will go on the grill tomorrow for supper. :D

I've attached a picture of a couple of the 31 that we caught today. I want to write a short article about the day. All I can say is Striper fishing ROCKS! And Troy Roberson RULES! Thanks Troy for a great day on the water. :cool:

Attachments

• stripers.jpg
    stripers.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 47
Randy,
Nice fish. Stripers DO rock! We've been warming up for the big boys that are headed our way any day now. There's nothing like stripers on light tackle. Sounds like not only were the stripers hooked but so are you. :D

LOL! Yes I think I am hooked. Now I've got to give those Saltwater bad boys a try. ;)

Randy,
A week ago Wednesday, I put three guys, one of which had never fish for stripers before, on over 80 fish. We left the dock at Little Creek at 6:30pm and quit fishing at 11pm. While everyone was running all over creation we fished the pilings at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel in 8' of water. The Monday prior was almost as good. I just came from the tackle shop so I'm going to rig some daisy chains. I got a very reliable report of a 53lb fish caught over at the eastern shore. Bubba is lurking about and so will I. :D If you're in the neighborhood, come on over. Your boat is perfect for fishing the bridge tunnel and the bay. If you don't have the boat just jump aboard the Mud Runner.

Carlos

Wow sounds like a GREAT day of fishing. That is a memory maker for sure. Thanks for the invite. One of these days the wife and I are going to hit the road to tour this great country and discover all the fishing we've been missing! :)

Randy,
If you get the chance to do that JUMP at it. I've been blessed to fish Hawaii, the west coast and the Tongass National forest in Alaska among other areas and those memories are about just as vivid today. The other benefit of those trips is that I have met some great people. Here's a sample of winter fishing around here. The first is the admiral with the double header on one of my homemade daisy chain. I'm also blessed with a wife that has learned to enjoy fishing and run the boat. Now if she could only fillet them. :D The second is another trip to Currituck from Virginia Beach with yours truly. We both live in the best part of this wonderful country.

JoAnne.jpg

corolla%20carjo.JPG

Great pictures Carlos! Beautiful fish. And you and your wife look really happy fishing together. That is a blessing. I've got a possible Tiger fishing trip on the Zambesi River in Africa lined up for May. One of these days I'll get to Alaska I hope. :)

TIGER FISH!!!!!!!

I've seen the teeth on them critters. Ya don't want to lip one of those babies. :D Might be a good idea to take a dentist along. ;) I hope it materializes for you.

Yeah they are pretty nasty on the tooth. I've been to the Zambeisi before but haven't fished it. It would be an awesome experience. :)

Nice size fish there......congrats

Back