Greetings from Jacksonville

G

Gfishn

I sold my 02 190 Bay a couple of years ago and I just wanted to tell everyone I miss that boat. Doing more pleasure boating now than fishing and now have a 2005 Bayliner Classic 195. Good boat and the design is what the wife wanted. Bayliner now warrants the entire boat for life (less engine). Rides and handles good, but I am here to tell you that I miss the pliant and quiet ride of the Triumph.
Triumph really needs to make a runabout. I would buy it. A runabout would not have the livewell plumbing that is so prone to leaking. By the way, is that problem now solved? Excess water sneaking into the hull.
You guys enjoy a cold beer while I wax my Bayliner. Just don't rub it in. :D

Gfishn said:
I sold my 02 190 Bay a couple of years ago and I just wanted to tell everyone I miss that boat. Doing more pleasure boating now than fishing and now have a 2005 Bayliner Classic 195. Good boat and the design is what the wife wanted. Bayliner now warrants the entire boat for life (less engine). Rides and handles good, but I am here to tell you that I miss the pliant and quiet ride of the Triumph.
Triumph really needs to make a runabout. I would buy it. A runabout would not have the livewell plumbing that is so prone to leaking. By the way, is that problem now solved? Excess water sneaking into the hull.

Hey Gfishn, I prolly bought your boat. Did it have a Honda 130 on it?

Good to see that you're enjoying the cuddy cruiser. My wife wanted the same thing, so I understand completely. Somehow, I was able to get the CC.

Best of luck and thanks for dropping in.

Gfishn,
Greetings and welcome to the site. Where in the JAX area do you live? I have a new job waiting for me down there and will be moving there next month. The job is in Orange Park and we were looking for a home in that general area. I am more interested in where to put the 190 in and where I will be able to take it. I think I want to fish the jetties out the St. Johns but I don't know if the 190 is big enough to take out there. Maybe you could offer me a little advise.
Thanks
JR

Gfishn said:

Well I wont rub it in that you must wax your gel coat....I 'll enjoy a six pack while you wax LOL LOL LOl

Greetings from Jax - again

Thanks guys for the response. My 02 190 had a 140 4-stroke EFI Suzuki which I also miss. That engine ran flawlessly.
There are many boat ramps available anywhere on the St. Johns River. You can put in at Mayport about a 1/4 mile away from the jetties if you want to fish one of the closer reefs. I ventured out to the 9 mile reef several times but made sure the seas were fairly calm. I also ran the coast down to St. Augustine and back to Jax via the intracoastal several times. The 190 is quite seaworthy but 3-4 footers was the max for my taste.
There is a lot of good fishing around the Orange Park/Green Cove Springs area if you have a trolling motor. Pretty decent bass fishing.
Jacksonville has virtually become "supersized", with 1000's of new homes going up constantly. Mandarin, Orange Park and Ortega are some of the nicer areas (and priced accordingly) in Jax. Not really any bad areas anymore. Give me a shout when you get here.

I will be sure to let you know when we get down there. Looks like my son and I will be living in our camper for a while (probably at Whities Fish Camp). The better half will stay behind here to sell the house, pack etc. She is not real excited about that but it can't be helped. Thanks for the info Gfishn. We are concentrating our home search in those areas you mentioned. Saw one home in Fleming Island that we liked but it did not stay on the market long. We are trying to stay in Clay County because of the boy's school. He and I are both are looking forward to fishing the salt. TTYL
JR

Fleming Island (all three levels) and Eagle Harbor Elementary are all model upscale schools. Excellent choice JR Gar. Although fairly new, there is no question that these schools will be, and are producing qualitative responsible citizens. No need for private schools here.

Back